ONE

MIKAYLA

"I can't believe you're leaving us!"

"Mom, stop being so dramatic. I'm leaving for college not moving to another planet." I said

"Yes but you're still leaving us. Who will help me take care of your sister or help me around the house?" She replied 

"Diana is seven, she needs to start doing things around the house. Besides my school is only 40 minutes away from here so if you desperately need me, just call and I'll be here immediately."

"How come it sound like you're not gonna miss us?" She said sarcastically

"Hey! That's not true!!!" I denied as quickly as I could. It was true though, I'm really gonna miss them. Especially my mom's cooking, my dad's awful but yet entertaining jokes and my little sister's annoying bratty self. 

I gave my mom a tight hug before she took some of the boxes out in my new car. Which left me alone in my empty bedroom. Is this what its gonna be like for the next following years? Me, alone in my bedroom staring at my walls while stressing about school. I know I'm gonna have a roommate and all but what if she doesn't like me. I'm going to be a loner! What if I'm not ready to go to college or maybe I'am but not the moving part?! Shit!I can't have second thoughts now, I'm already packed and ready to go. 

"Ate! Are you panicking again?"  (Ate is a respectful way Filipinos call a girl who is older than them, specifically and older sister. Also YES Mikayla is a Filipina just like me! -Writer) 

I turn around to see my little sister standing by the door holding her new phone, well it's not technically new. It was my old phone that I had since the beginning of high school. Since I'm going to college, my parents have been giving me goodbye presents. Honestly, I think they're secretly bribing me with gifts to make me stay at home instead of moving in to a dorm. 

"Wha- WHat? NO! I'm just too excited, that's all. What do you want anyways?" I was panicking but no one has to know that. 

"It's time for you to goooo-"

I ran up to her and lifted her up in the air. I gave her a bunch of kisses on her face, she doesn't like it when I do that which makes me want to do it more. She will always be my little baby sister, even though she's getting heavier day by day.

"Atee!! Stop it" she groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~ TIME SKIP ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I carried the last box and placed it on the back of my car. I turn around to see a grown man crying, it was my dad.

"Dad, why are you crying" I asked

"My baby is leaving! You're growing up way too fast and I'm not ready. Soon you'll graduate then get married, then have childr-" He cried

"WOAH! I'm pretty sure I won't be having kids anytime soon." I quickly replied

"Well you better not, I'm not allowing you to even have a boyfriend till you're...30" He jokingly said. I don't think he was being serious...was he?

"Dad!! I don't want to grow old alone. I promise I won't date anytime soon but I'm not gonna wait till all this beauty is gone, I might not get a man by that time." I jokingly replied. Another thing I'll miss. My daily jokes with my dad.

"I heard the word beauty, you called" Diana joined in 

"I thought your nickname was aswang" I sarcastically replied (Filipino word for monster)

"Stop it you two! Both of you are beautiful. You got all that from me." My mom said

I stared at all of them, examining their faces. I could tell they were gonna miss me a lot! Even Diana.

"I'm going to really miss you guys" I said while trying not to shed a tear.

"Us too" Dad replied.

After 20 minutes of us hugging and saying our goodbyes, it was time for me to go. I went inside my car and inserted the key. I think I was ready. I'm still pretty nervous but it's just school right? I've been doing that for 12 years, I'll learn new things and meet new people and have new friends. It won't be so bad, I mean what else could happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Ahhhh! So that is the end of chapter 1. I hope you guys will keep reading! More things are coming so stay tuned...

THANK YOU FOR READING! - A <3