08- Milkshakes And Tales

Dedicated to bellayagi

Shirley Russell

My brother and I have been texting non-stop. I was extremely happy because this was one of the few times we could talk when he was not too busy with school. We talked about basically everything and by this I mean him telling me about what he's been up to. I don't get bored and it is not due to the fact that I miss him a lot.

I am presently in the library with Terence for my spare. We met on my way here and he decided to accompany and he has proven to be nice company as he is busy with his own business while I'm still texting Kyle.

(Kyle//'Shirley')

So dad said you've made new friends.

'Yeah, they're great! I wish you could meet them.'

With the little time I have known the trio, I can say they are not popular stereotypes. They are really nice and fun to be around.

Oh, I'm sure you would like me to meet a certain somebody, Kendall... I think that's his name😏

I face palm. My dad must have told him about Kendall. Well I'm not surprised though, after all there's no secret between the three of us.

'Oh please, the guy's an ass. I'm surprised I can even handle him.'

Immediately I hit send, three dots pop up on the screen to show he's typing. Was he seriously waiting to know what I will say about Kendall? I wonder what he was expecting.

Whatever. I'm sure I will get to know your 'friend'

Got to go Rue. Talk to you later.

And the that's it. At least we got to talk.

'Bye Kyle.'

Right on que, the lunch bell goes off and I slip my phone into my bag. I lift up my head to tell Terence that we should get going. When my eyes meet him, the look in his eyes tells me has been staring at me for a while. OK.

"We should get going,"

"Yeah..." we make our way out of the library and he holds out the door for me. We are both walking to my locker.

"Thank you for coming with me,"

"No problemo, even if you were on your phone the whole time," he says smiling. I chuckle silently but I'm smiling not from what he said though but 'cos I'm happy, you know, 'cos of Kyle.

As I'm nearing my locker, I notice Kendall coming my way. The sight of him gives me a strange but nice feeling. But he is not smiling. He stays rooted to the spot glaring. I follow his eyes to Terence who is glaring back but walks away when he he sees me watching me. Kendall reaches me his scowl gone.

"Hey ginger,"

"Hi Khennie," I shut my locker and lean on it looking up at him. So sue me, I'm 5"3. The guy is over a head taller than me.

He looks behind me before looking back at me. No doubt he was probably looking out for Terence. What is wrong with the two of them?

He walks me to lunch earning a couple of stares and bitch glares. Kirsten greets me with an overly bright grin. "Hey bestie!"

"Hey girl," I sit next to her.

"It feels so nice knowing I won't be with these two scumbags all the times," I chuckle as Kendall snorts simultaneously. Jay leans on the table from where he is sitting opposite Shirley, "I didn't know I was a scumbag when we-" he is cut off as a spoonful of Kirsten's salad hits his face while the said attacker has turned a nice shade of red. The two of them are so cute!