Likable

(( Shadam? Shadam.))

They hadn't meant to, neither of them had. But when Lance fell asleep, and Keith had been too in love with his peaceful face to wake him up, Lance had spent the night.

Normally, Keith would've been up til the ungodly hours of morning, unable to sleep even if his life depended on it. But there was just something about Lance that brought out the best in him. He'd felt so... safe, so comfortable, that he'd drifted off in the taller male's arms.

It was about ten in the morning when Keith's phone began ringing from its spot on the nightstand.

Lance was so used to being woken up by that ringtone that he didn't even think twice while drowsily sitting up. He reached for it, rubbing his eyes and seeing the contact name.

Shiro.

He wasn't sure what compelled him to answer it.

" Hello?" Lance picked up, groggily greeting whoever was on the other end.

" Um... who are you and why do you have Keith's phone?" There was a very concerned voice that sounded in Lance's ear.

" Who are you?" Lance yawned, still half asleep. And Keith, who was beneath him, began stirring.

" I'm Takashi, Keith's brother. Now who are you?" Shiro asked more assertively. Knowing that someone else had easy access to his brother's phone was enough to make his heart drop. He hadn't been told about a new boyfriend, so his mind was already alive with worry.

" I'm Lance... and I'm his boyf-" Lance cut himself off. " I'm his... friend."

" Lance?" Keith asked in his rough, husky morning voice.

" Um... is my brother there?" Shiro awkwardly questioned.

" Keith, your brother is on the phone." Lance groaned, setting the phone on Keith's chest and moving back into the pillows. It was too early for this.

Keith's tired eyes shot open.

" Shiro?" He picked up, and the older brother could finally breathe again. So Keith was safe. That was all he needed to hear.

" Keith, thank God. Are you okay?" Shiro asked, and there was a voice in the background saying something. Keith could tell that it was Adam, but he couldn't quite make out what he was talking about.

" I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Keith yawned, stretching a single arm above his head.

" Well I don't know. When some random guy answers your phone I get worried." Shiro replied, and there was a tiny bit of sass in his voice. If his brother had a new boyfriend, he felt a little hurt that he and Adam hadn't at least been notified.

" Hey, Keith." Adam greeted from the other end.

" Hi. And it's just Lance." Keith blew it off. But he knew that Shiro had every right to be spooked. Especially after what happened with Lotor.

" Is he your...?" Shiro trailed off, expecting his sentence to be finished.

Lance rolled over, hogging the blankets and curling up.

" Lance? Um- n-no..." Keith stammered, chuckling nervously. " He's just a- someone who-er..." He had no idea what he was trying to say. " Why are you calling me this early anyways?" Keith changed the subject.

" We wanted to come visit you." Adam cut in. " If you aren't too busy with your... friend."

" Um-" Keith coughed. " I'm-that would be great." He agreed, glancing down at a very sleepy Lance.