Prologue

"So, Winnie... now what?"

The human-vampire hybrid walked alongside his companion, Winnie, as they celebrated her seventh birthday. Dennis was four, almost five at this time, and he never got bored when he was around Winnie. That is, until they only had Dennis' room to play in. The rest of the hotel was quiet, as the other monsters were asleep.

"There isn't much to do, Dennis. We just have to sing happy birthday and that's it. Good choice with sports goth by the way, it really fits our personalities."

"Thanks," the orange haired boy murmured.

"Denny, what's wrong?"

Dennis sighed and turned around to reveal that a tear was streaming down his cheek. 

"What if I loose you? Or... what if I forget about us?"

Winnie laughed and pounced on Dennis. "That'll never happen, not in a trillion million years. We've been friends for so long and I can't get you out of my head. Therefore, I'll never forget you. Got it?" Winnie slowly got off of the boy as he nodded and pulled Winnie into a hug.

"Thanks for always being here for me."

"How could I not? You're my best friend after all."

"And you're mine, too," Dennis replied happily.

From then on, the two already close friends were inseparable, and never went places without each other.

That is, until about a year and a half later, one of them changed everything...