Chapter 2

The day of Winnie's departure came very quickly.

Dennis walked towards the front entrance of the hotel, sobbing. He looked up at Tinkles, who was walking with him. The giant black pug whimpered, nuzzling Dennis affectionately, obviously trying to cheer him up.

"Thank you, Tinkles."

The dog "smiled" as Dennis walked over to Winnie, who was trying to keep tears from streaming down her face. Winnie's nose twitched, and she finally hugged Dennis, crying on his shoulder. Tinkles gave them a big lick, trying to cheer the pair up again, but the two friends just kept crying, despite the dog's efforts. Dennis tightened his grip on Winnie as they hugged, pulling her in closer.

"You w-won't ev-ever forget me, r-right Winnie?"

"N-no, Dennis," Winnie replied between sniffles. "Not fo-for a million ye-years. And yo-you'll call me every day u-using the watches?"

Dennis tried to keep a smile while nodding. "Every single day." 

"Go, go," Sonic said. Winnie looked at her little sister, who was around a year and a half old now. Being at this age, Sonic only really said chopped words like "hungry" or "sleepy." 

Winnie let go of Dennis, but Dennis didn't let go of her. He clung to his best friend, still crying. "I don't want you to go!"

Winnie put a paw on Dennis's shoulder, looking at him. Her eyes welled with tears as she sighed sadly. "I don't want to go either. But I have to."

"No! Stay, please!"

"Winnie," Wayne said. "We have to go now. You heard your sister."

"I don't wanna," Winnie said. She put one are around Dennis and he did the same to her.

"Dennis, come on," Mavis said. "Let her go. You can't make her stay."

When Dennis only shook his head in response, Mavis grabbed his hand, pulling him away from his companion. Winnie sobbed as her father picked her up and dragged her out the hotel door. After all the pups were out, the back door was closed with so much force that it made a slamming noise. And that's when it finally hit Dennis. They ginger haired boy ran to his room, crying.

She was gone.