2- Scorpian

Finally, the weekend had come.  Not only did that mean no homework, but it meant Spider-Man didn't have to just do his job fighting crime at night, he could do it during the day too.  Spidey was just hoping something exciting would happen today, more than his usual weekends of stopping small muggeries or helping old ladies cross the street. 
     Peter had told Aunt May that he was with Ned.  That wasn't a complete lie because Ned was talking through the intercom Peter placed in his suit.  Having Ned as the guy in the chair had been helpful.  Between Ned's computer skills and Peter's crime fighting skills, he had been able to stop a lot more crimes. 
     Currently, Spidey was flinging his webs towards a bakery where he saw a man grab a woman's purse, then run away.  Aw come on.  At least give me a challenge, Spider-Man thought as he short his webs at the thief.  The thief fell to the ground, trapped, and Pete left him there for the police. 
     It was nearing lunchtime, and Spider-Man was getting hungry.  He swung over to his favorite sandwich shop, and (still in his costume) bought a sandwich.  He then sat on top of a building to eat it, just looking over the city of Queens. 
"Uh.. Spider-Man?" asked Ned's voice through his earpiece.  "What is it Ned?" Spidey asked back, slightly annoyed his lunch break was interrupted. 
     "There's this baddie about four blocks away from where you are now.  He has.. Well you'll see once you get over there," Ned said.  Spider-Man sighed.  "Can it at least wait until after I finish my lunch?"
     "No.. I don't think so, this guy-"
What Ned was about to say, Spider-Man didn't hear.  Because right then a car flew into the air from a little ways away and landed on the road underneath the building Spidey was on.  "Yeah hold that thought.  I'm going," Peter said as he put his mask on all the way and stood up.  He was sure that car being thrown in the air was from the guy Ned was trying to get him to fight.  And if that guy could throw the car.. It probably meant he was a super villain, which Peter hadn't seen in awhile.  This made him excited. 
     "Okay Ned. Can you tell me exactly where he is?"
Ned gave him the directions, and Spider-Man went there.  When he saw the guy who threw the car, Peter knew this guy was bad news.  He had on this set of body armor that looked menacing.  It was a greenish sort of color, and on the back of it, was this giant metal tail, much like one of a scorpion.
      "Spider-Man? Do you see him?" Ned asked.  Spider-Man hid behind a wall.  "Yep.. And he has this giant metal tail.. This isn't your ordinary bad guy," Spider-Man said, trying to hide the slight fear in his voice. 
"What? Metal tail? That sounds sick!" Ned said excitedly.  Peter shook his head.  If only Ned could see this guy.. He would be more scared than amazed. 
     Spider-Man came out from behind the wall, so he was facing the scorpion dude.  "Stop throwing cars, you might hurt someone," Spidey said.  The man in the armor laughed. 
"Ah.. The amazing Spider-Man.  I've heard so much about you.. And now, I've come to destroy you," the man said. 
"I'm sorry.  My ears must not be working.  It actually sounded like you said you were going to destroy me? Well sorry fella, I'm gonna put you in prison where you belong.  There won't be any destroying today," Peter said. 
     The man growled.  "I'd like to see you try."
Spidey shrugged.  "Alright.  You asked for it."
He flung his webs at the armored man.  Each time one of the webs would get close to him, his metal tail thing would slice through the webs.  As Spider-Man was fighting, he said, "So what do they call you? The scorpion? Because you look like one."
      "Actually, they do.  I am scorpion. And I'm gonna squash you like a bug."
      "I've heard that one before.  And do you want to know how many times someone's actually squashed me like a bug?  Never."
     Scorpion growled again.  "Normal heroes don't talk as much as you."
Spidey shrugged and put his hand in a fist, ready to punch Scorpion.  But before he could, Scorpion's tail whacked Spidey about 50 feet away.  Spider-Man groaned in pain and stood back up.  He was lucky he hadn't broken any ribs, that metal tail hit him hard.
     Spider-Man ignored the pain, which was already starting to fade away, and came back at the Scorpion.  This time, the Scorpion was too slow, and Spider-Man hit him.  As soon as his fist made contact with the armor though, a sharp wave of pain shot up his arm.  Spidey yelled in pain and the Scorpion laughed.  Peter was trying to figure out how to beta this guy.  He couldn't injure him with all that armor on, and his web shooters weren't doing any good.  And if he couldn't come up with a plan.. Peter didn't want to think about that. 
     Scorpion's tail swung at Spidey again, but he ducked just in time.  He jumped onto the wall and then shot some webs at Scorpion's eyes.  Scorpion staggered as the webs covered his eyes so he couldn't see.  It didn't last very long though, because his tail swung across his face and cut through the webs.  Spider-Man gulped.  This wasn't good. 
     "Hey Spidey, you good?" Ned's voice asked through the earpiece. 
"N-no.  I can't figure out how to defeat this guy. I'm not sure how I'll get out of this one," Peter answered back.  Silence.  Peter wants sure where Ned had gone.  With any luck, he was devising a plan to stop Scorpion. 
     Spider-Man was distracted with his thoughts and too busy talking to Ned, that he didn't realize it in time when Scorpion's tail hit him hard again.  Spidey hit the ground and heard a crack.  He was fairly sure he had just broken something.  He tried to stand back up, but couldn't do more than get on his hands and knees.  Scorpion walked over to Spider-Man, and picked him up.  He threw the web slinger against a wall and pinned him there.  Peter squirmed, trying to get away, but couldn't.  His whole body hurt, and he knew this wasn't good.  He was too weak right now to do much good against the Scorpion. 
     Scorpion laughed.  "Look at you.  It seems I have squashed you like a bug."
He punched Spider-Man in the gut one more time before walking away.  Spider-

Man crumpled to the ground, too weak and injured to do anything to stop his new foe.  Each time he tried to move, a sharp pain went up his whole body.  Peter felt like he was going to throw up, and before he knew it, he passed out.
     Spider-Man woke up on the same spot he passed out.  He wasn't sure how long he'd been out, but the sky was darkening a little, which meant it was around evening time.  Wait.. Evening?? That meant he was out for hours! Spider-Man groaned and tried to sit up.  Just then, he saw Ned running towards him, out of breath.  He looked relieved when he saw Peter.  "You're okay!! I came up with a plan to defeat that Scorpion dude, but when you didn't answer I thought you were.. well.. dead or something.."
     Peter leaned against the wall after the sat up.  His entire body still hurt more than he could bear.  "I-I'm not dead. He Almost h-had me though," Spidey said as he winced and took this mask off.  Beads of sweat were across his face. 
     "Are you okay??" Ned asked.  Peter shook his head, then winced again.  "N-no. He got me bad." Ned stayed quiet, not sure what to do.  Spider-Man laid on the ground, looking up at the sky.  "We'll just have to defeat the Scorpion some other day.. I can't do anything right now."
     Ned nodded.  Peter just hoped that the next time Scorpion came along, he would be more prepared.