●Billy Hargrove●

"I try"

"I try"

You were walking to your locker and you saw Billy Hargrove standing by another girls locker.

Billy was a the new student at Hawkins High School. All the girls liked him.

Yes he was attractive-ish but his attitude was awful.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You were in gym class doing sit-ups in the corner with your friends.

You saw Billy playing basketball with some other people.

He made himself seem so much better than everyone else. He just knocked down Steve.

Your friends notices you looking.

"Oooh you liiike hiiim"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You and your friends were outside at a picnic table eating lunch.

Billy was over behind a tree smoking a cigarette.

The past few days he has had a different look in his eye.

So when he walked away from the tree I picked up my lunch bag and followed him.

He walked into a small area surrounded by three brick walls. It was secluded from where everyone else was.

He didn't see you yet so you stayed around the corner.

You saw him sit down on the ground and put his head in his hands.

You heard muffled noises. You walked over and sat on his right, facing him.

When he lifted his head up his eyes were red and a few tears were on running down his cheeks.

He saw you and tried to get away but you put one had gently on his arm and another on his lower thigh.

He lowered himself and and covered his face again.

"Hey, hey it's okay"

Billy didn't say anything but his breathing came in sharp intakes and deep breaths out.

"I'm going to ask once, you don't need to answer. What's wrong? What happened?"

"Why should I tell you?" He says coldly.

"Because everyone else sees you as a tough guys that all the girls fall head over heels for."

"But you don't?"

"No Billy, I've seen the look in your eyes the past few days."

He took a breath and started to talk.

"My Dad, he hits me and takes everything out on me. And I know I'm a dick but I tried not to be and he called me A 'little bitch'." More tears start falling "I try"

He puts his head down, you moved closer to him and draped your arm around his shoulders.