●Max Mayfield●

"I'm Max"

"I'm Max"

You were sitting in class while
Mr. Clark was teaching.

In the middle of class another teacher walked in with a red-headded girl.

It had been a while since there was a new kid so you were intrigued from the start.

You loved her wavy red hair and her style.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

In the week since she came you learned that she had an older brother, she rode a skateboard, and played video games. But you still didn't know her name. The people you asked didn't know or care.

You walked into the comic book store and began looking for a (comic book name) one.

You turned the corner and bumped into the same girl that had been on your mind all day.

You dropped your books and laughed nervously. You picked them up and stood up.

"I'm so sorry" You say, already feeling your cheeks heat up.

"Ah me too" she laughs "I'm Max"

She holds out her hand. You shake it and say, "____, it's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too. You like (comic book name) comics?!"

"Yeah they are my favorite!"

"Awesome!"

It's now or never ____

"Hey Max so you want to go get a drink or something at the diner on Main Street?"

"Sure I'd love to"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Now three years later, in high school you are having dinner for your two year anniversary of your first date.