Chapter 10

The ballroom was an extravagant sight to behold. On like room there windows that glistened and gleamed in the artificial light, draped in lavish gold trimmed curtains that were pulled to the side to give it a look of elegance. The room itself was decorated in white, crystal, and gold decorations that hung from the ceiling as a huge chandelier decorated in millions of crystals shined light all around the room like a white sun, the few tables that were set up set up with golden trays and crystal wind goblets, platters of food still coming from the kitchen as hundreds of maids and butlers finished preparing for their master's big night. The four invited guests stood at the top of a marble staircase looking out at all these wondrous things, though only Eve seemed the most enthralled out of the four of them. She studied every bit of the humongous room, from the decorations to the interact swirl designs in the pillars that lined the outer ring of the rooms to the looks of the lit up water garden just outside the full length windows giving it all a magical feel.

Christopher chuckled a little as he put his gloved hand on the top of her's, making her look at him wide eyed from all the splendor. "Never been to a ball like this, have you."

"No sir..." She whispered, her hand clinging to his arm as she looked back out at the magnificent sight before her. "This is like a fairy tale to me." He chuckled in amusement, smiling lightly as he squeezed her hand and lead her away from the balcony and down the red carpeted double stairway arm and arm, making her feel as much of a princess as possible.

"Well, your wish is my command tonight, Eevee." He said gently, gesturing around the room as they descended to the busy ballroom. "I shall be your escort." She blushed a little and smiled at him, making him blush back. "That was cheesy, wasn't it."

"Just a little." She said through a fit of giggles. "But it's a nice kind of cheesy."

"Finally!" A voice shouted, echoing around the beautiful ballroom like a crash of thunder during an acid storm, the owner running towards them as quick as his stubby legs could carry him. "You are finally here, Miss. Eevee! Mr. Stanly! And just in the knick of time, too. Now, explore around and get comfortable Miss! Just be ready to play as soon as a spotlight comes on you, I'll come get you when that time comes. And Mr. Stanly, you are going to be playing when they come in all right?"

Christopher looked at Eve, watching her process everything the older man said as fast as she could. "Um, but-"

"Dear, you're the shining star! We can't have the guests see you till their all here! By the way," The fat man in the bright and frilly golden suit said, taking her free hand and kissing it. "very bold choice of fashion my dear, it is sure to start a trend. Where in the Celestial Gardens did you buy it?"

"I... I made it." She admitted, watching the shock come across everyone's face. "It took all day and night to make, I knew that I had to look my finest so not to dishonor my employer."

"Well!" Mr. Pantlo beamed, his red cheeks squishing up as he gave her a toothy smile as he took her violin. "You certainly were the perfect choice! Now, go on and have fun, my dear!" He squealed like a little girl as he scurried off to check on everything else, shouting orders like he was king himself.

"Well..." Mr. Rogers said slowly, giving Eve a look. "You certainly haven't lost your noble touch." She blushed a little and smiled sweetly, though Christopher could still see a little bit of sadness within it if you looked deep enough.

"I try." She mused, her violin and bow still in her hand as she shifted a little. "Captain Christopher, might I ask you to accompany me?"

Christopher blushed slightly but nodded, leading her through the lavished golden and white ballroom as they talked just a little in hushed tones. Elisha shook his head as he leaned back on his heels and pouted slightly. "Why would she fancy him? He's all scarred up and a big oaf."