Chapter Two

~Wesley~

There were a lot of things that Wesley enjoyed. But all of them were trumped by the days spent up in the mountains, Abby by his side. Thank god her finals were over. They had gone on forever. He thought she had been stressed when they first met, but that was completely overshadowed by the level of stress she had been under lately. But now, they were finally back at Alex's house. Sitting by the roaring fire, he sighed contentedly as she stood in the kitchen, talking to Tori.

Everything was as it should be, finally.

After arriving back in Seattle early that morning, Wesley and Alex had helped Abby grab her things, before heading back to their home. With the vampires on some sort of rampage, Wesley didn't want Abby anywhere near the city. They knew there had to be a connection to the current murders and the murders of the witches back in October. But they hadn't figured out what that connection was yet. He and Alex had been throwing thoughts back and forth, but nothing seemed to fit. Warren and Kyle were on their way back from L.A., trying to gather intel from the wolf pack in that area. They hadn't been able to find out anything useful from the Denver pack, but it had been worth a shot.

Alex was going to be flying out to New York soon, to meet to his friend, the Head Alpha of New York. Something was going horribly wrong, and the werewolves were trying to stop it before the humans got to close.

As Abby's laugh filled the room, Wesley smiled softly to himself. The people most important to him were safe, that's all that mattered at the end of the day. A small hand snaked around his neck, laying flat on his chest.

Turning his head, he met Abby's eyes as she peered over the couch at him. She smiled before leaning down on her other arm, "Kyle just texted Tori, they left Seattle a few minutes ago. We were thinking of meeting them in town for dinner since Alex is busy."

Glancing towards the hallway, and the closed office door, Wesley sighed. Alex had been so focused lately, more so than Wesley could ever remember him being. It wasn't a bad thing, but he worried about his adopted father. Alex hadn't been in the kitchen much since the murders started.

Turning back to Abby, Wesley nodded. "Sounds like a good plan."

"Perfect." She placed a quick kiss to his forehead before pushing off the couch. He watched as she and Tori disappeared up the stairs, probably to change into something other than jeans and flannel shirts for dinner. He sighed, glancing down at his own red flannel shirt and jeans. To heck with it, it was way too cold to put on a nicer button-down shirt. It wasn't like they were eating anywhere nice anyway. The Connel's restaurant in Buern was a small family owned place. His jeans and flannel would fit in just fine.

Glancing again at Alex's office door, Wesley pushed himself off the couch and headed over. Knocking firmly before opening the door, he peered in. He was thankful that werewolves didn't grow gray hair, because he was fairly sure that his father would have had a few strands peppering his dark brown hair. Bent over his desk, Alex had his cell phone pinched between his shoulder and ear. A thoughtful look on his face, his eyes hard and focused on whatever was laid out on the wood surface.

Stepping inside, Wesley shut the door quietly behind him before walking over to the desk. There was a map of the country laid out, with red dots in a number of cities. The murders. He was marking where they were happening. There was also a small map of Seattle to one side, marked up with a few dots, too.

"Yes, Ira. I understand. I'll be in touch."

Wesley looked up as Alex hung up his phone, dropping it to the desk with a huff. He sat down in his chair with a sigh, scrubbing a hand down his face.