Organisms

"Alright everyone, please settle down and find your seats," the new teacher started as the last student walked into the class. "I thought that the best way we'd start off the new year together would be to introduce and share a bit about ourselves! I'm sure most of you already know each other, but since I'm new and so are other students, we need to get to know you too. Please share your name, star sign, favourite artist and what you look forward to coming to school for, if anything". The whole class started giggling. "I'll start." The new teacher said, "my name is miss Johansson, first name unfortunately not Scarlett, you may call me Jo, but only when we have class together. I'm a Gemini, I love Michael Bolton and I look forward to hearing all the rumours about me!" Jo finished enthusiastically and the whole class giggled, again. I liked this teacher already, she was... different. "Hey. Think we could trick Spanny into sharing his digits with the class too?" Emily whispered to me from her desk watching "Spanny" doodling on a piece of paper three desks from me. "Em, come on, just drop it, this guy is probably either gay or taken. And don't call him Spanny, it sounds way too similar to-" and I was cut off. "You. Hipster. You can start" Jo pointed at me with a smile and a very accurate first impression of me. "Oh, hi, the name's Avery. I'm an Aries who loves my lord and saviour Lil Peep and who looks forward to AV Club." I said confidently. "Oh great! That's amazing. I'm assuming you take film studies?" Jo asked. "Y-yeah. Why?" I asked confused. "Well, I am the new film studies teacher, I look forward to having you in my class" Jo said with a smile and shrugged shoulders. The class continued to introduce themselves, nothing special, most of the basic girls had the same interests. I only really started listening to the class when I heard a handsome voice speak. "Hey, what's up, my name is Grant, I'm an Aquarius," Spanny said, and looked up at me, unsure of his place and continued, "I listen to every GothBoiClique member and I also look forward to AV Club." He finished, half smiling at me with my jaw hanging open. Lil Peep was in the GothBoiClique. I was already impressed by Grant's introduction. Emily turned around to face me with her eyes stretched wide, I could see she wanted to fangirl, but I just signalled her to keep quiet.

A few minutes later, the bell rang for the first period. After checking our timetables, Em and I made semi-peace with the fact that we weren't going to be together in most of our classes, including first period's biology class. Emily and I hugged and parted ways. "Yo Lil Peep! Wait up!" an unfamiliar voice yelled a few feet behind me. As I turned around, I could see Grant making his way to me with a paper in his hand. "Aye, GothBoi, having trouble finding your classes?" I asked when he started walking next to me. "Yeah, damn. Finding your classes on the first day is hard enough, but doing so in a new school, not so fun. But hey, where are you for the first period?" he asked. "The study of all living, non-living, breathing, non-breathing, significant and insignificant things," I replied. "Biology then. Looking for a partner to leach on your efforts with projects and get all the credit for it?" Grant asked, clenching his teeth while doing a very fake smile. "Sure. Leaches are my favorite organism anyway" I started, "Biology is a full 50 yards away. Tell me about your old school." I said. "Well, Dover High was a bitch. Most of the guys were all arrogant assholes and most of the girls were self-centered skanks. Besides, the school didn't have interesting classes like film studies or an AV Club either." Grant said. "That truly is a shame, classes get so boring when you're not interested in what's being taught, and about the students, we have those types of people too, but we have a variety - me!" I said with my arms stretched wide as we walked into biology class.

Grant and I grabbed our seats at one of the desks in the center of the class. A whole lot of looks were shot at my way, but I soon realized they weren't all too friendly. "Good morning class, I trust you all had a great summer. As you know, I don't really care anyway." Mr. Rogers started as he walked into his class, putting his briefcase down. He has always been an interesting man. "To all the new students, my name is Mr. Rogers. I won't bother asking for your names, I'll soon remember them when I mark your first assignments. Without further a due, we'll be starting off the year with mammalian tissues. Please turn to chapter 1 in your textbooks" Mr. Rogers said in a monotonous voice. "Wow. Is he always such a bundle of joy?" Grant whispered to me with a smile when Mr. Rogers turned around to write something on the whiteboard. "Oh yeah, all the time. Sometimes he's so overjoyed with how his life is going that he throws out detentions left and right. A truly sweet man." I replied sarcastically, pushing out my bottom lip and nodding. Grant rolled his lips into his mouth to try and keep himself from laughing, but instead, he started smiling. First slowly, with his mouth closed, showing off his dimples. And then, a charming, bright white smile appeared on his face. I couldn't help but smile back, and he looked down as if he was ashamed of his smile.