Chapter 7: The Run

Am now 16 years old today For my birthday the entire pack comes to visit me. Leo always comes to see me to be honest am more conferrable around that brown and tan fella out of everyone in the pack, heck out of anyone in the world, my day always shines brighter when he is around. Leo is always there when I need someone and he never judges me like others do. Leo always loves to listen to me read that dictionary long book on Astronomy and Mythology that my parents made me. I have read that book over 10 thousand times and still keep reading it over and over. Anyways not only was it my birthday but the beginning of summer! When night fell me and Leo went on our nightly run together, we ran all the way to the cliff at the end of our glorious land.
"Hay Aurora are you not lonely?" Leo asked out of the blue "I mean do you not want someone to share your life with like other humans?"
"Like always you know everything about everyone," I smile and giggled.
"No, not everyone just you, others may not know but I can tell by looking at you," he continued ears folded back with sadness for me "You always smile even though I can tell inside you feel torn and alone, I just wish I could heal you but am not a human just a wolf."
I looked at Leo, his brown and tan fur glistening in the moonlight. "yes, I do feel lonely, but with you, my days shine brighter, so I don't mind not having someone like that in my life because I have you," I say with a smile. "Besides who would love a motherless, fatherless, mistake like me anyways."
"You are not a mistake! You're a gift from the Gods themselves! And don't you forget that Aurora! there is always someone for everyone," he continued "You most definitely have someone waiting for you somewhere, just like the Mythology stories you read to me, and just like the stars have the moon to hold them. Whether you realize it or not you have someone."
"Who would that be," I said with saddened eyes
"me," mumbled Leo, "I love you."
I said nothing just stared dumbfounded by what he just said...