Chapter 5

Johnny pov

It's night time now, and we are walking on the boardwalk.

"Yo check it out it's a Ferris wheel," Hayden exclaims as he points to it.

"No way, let's go!" Lauren says excitedly.

We walk over there.

"It's only two person per ride," Kenz points out.

"Shit what do we do," I groan.

"Johnny and Kenzie can go together and  Hayden and Lauren can go together," Nadia suggests.

"What about you?" Kenzie asks.

"I have a fear of heights, I was looking for an excuse but I guess I found it," Nadia grins.

"Classic Nadia," Kenzie laughs.

I smile when I hear her laugh, it's so pretty. She should laugh more.

Me and kenz line up behind Lauren and Hayden.

Before we know it we are on the Ferris Wheel.

"I had such a good day today," Kenzie says as she rests her head on my shoulder.

I put my arm around her shoulder, "same here," I smile.

"It's hard to believe that school starts in three weeks," Kenzie sighs.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

Me and Mackenzie along with Nadia, Lauren, and Hayden are all part of the same friend group at school. We are all popular and we get pretty good grades. School is actually not that bad except when there's drama.

"I think so, are you still going to play lacrosse?" Kenzie questions.

"I don't know, I love lacrosse and I love playing with all the guys and stuff but I really want to focus on my music this year," I reply.

"You're so cute with your music," Kenzie smiles.

"I'm always cute," I grin.

"Shut up," Kenzie laughs.

I smile as the sun sets.

"I love sunsets, they are so beautiful," Kenzie says happily.

"She thought she looked pretty but I thought the view looked prettier," I joke.

"Ohmygosh you just made that 10 times cringier than it already is," Kenzie groans.

"Exactly my point," I laugh.

Me and Mackenzie sit in silence for the next few minutes, it's not the awkward silence though, it's the enjoying this moment silence.

"Oh my god," I gasp.

"What," Kenzie laughs.

"Look ahead," I whisper.

"Yes lolo get it!" Kenzie cheered.

"Did Summerall just kiss my younger sister?" I say annoyed.

"They're so cute," Kenzie says.

"He's a total player," I sighed.

"Like you aren't," Kenzie rolls her eyes.

"Kenz that's not true," I blush.

"I mean isn't it, last year you fucked basically every girl," Kenzie points out.

"Thats an over exaggeration , I maybe fucked 20," I say defensively.

"Still John that's a lot," Kenzie sighs.

"I might have fucked a lot of girls last year but I can't help it, I like sex!" I exclaim.

"Why don't you get a girlfriend," Kenzie suggests.

"Too much commitment," I mutter.

"Trust me, you'll be so much happier-" Kenzie goes on and on.

Wow she looks so hot.

"Can you just shut up for a minute," I interrupt.

"Why?" Kenzie rolls her eyes.

"So I can do this," I whisper as I pull her into a kiss.

She kisses me back. It's like we are in our own world, we don't care who's watching. My hand is on her neck and she is breathing softly onto my face, our tongues touch and our lips know exactly where to go. Before we know it the ride comes to an end and so does our magical kiss

"Johnny why did you do that," Kenzie whispers as we pull back.

I wanted to say because you looked beautiful and I have feelings for you, but I can't, I can't ruin our friendship.

"Because you were giving me a headache with all your bullshit and I really just needed you to shut up," I grin.

"Oh my gosh, can you ever be serious," Kenzie says with frustration as she gets off the ride and storms off.

"Kenzie wait," I say.

"What the heck just happened?" Hayden asks

"Where the fuck did you come from?" I retort.

"From the Ferris Wheel," Hayden mutters as he walks towards Lauren, "dumbass."

I look for Mackenzie but I can't see her anywhere.

Ugh why do I fuck up everything good in my life