Six.

The final bell of the day was like angel's singing in Baekhyun's ear, and he couldn't escape that classroom fast enough. He quickly threw everything into his backpack and slung it over his shoulder before nearly running from the room.

He was excited for his day with Daehyun to begin, as well as getting away from Taemin. Who after only spending ten minutes with, Baekhyun had come to discover was a magnet for disaster, and Baekhyun's had plenty of that to last him forever.

As Baekhyun striding through the halls to the closest exit, rubbing furiously at the strange purple goo Taemin had managed to create off his shirt with a pathetic Kleenex, someone yelled out from behind him. Baekhyun halted his movement as he pivoted around on his heel. Taemin was jogging down the hallway towards him.

He lazily waved as he said, "Hey! I'm sorry about the . . ." he trailed off as he gestured to the purple goo on Baekhyun's shirt.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and dropped the hem of his shirt as he exasperatedly asked, "Will it come out?"

"Doubtful."

Baekhyun laughed humorlessly and muttered, "Perfect. And like I have the money for a new shirt what with my wedding plans, the apartment, and my stupid piece of shit car—"

"You're engaged?" Taemin asked.

Baekhyun quickly shut his mouth before slowly muttering, "Yes . . . Why?"

Taemin shook his head. "Oh, no reason. You just seem kinda young to be getting married, is all."

"That's because I am," Baekhyun replied. "So, what did you want that you came chasing after me from the Dean's office?"

"Um, I just wanted to apologize," Taemin muttered.

"Okay, but you haven't yet," Baekhyun said matter-of-factly.

Taemin chuckled. "Right. Well, I'm sorry for getting purple goop on your shirt. Maybe we'll make it even and you can put some goop on me...?"

Baekhyun's jaw dropped and all he could do was stand there staring at him incredulously. And then....

"What the hell!? I'm engaged you per—-"

"I'm kidding!" Taemin cried. "Gosh, can't you take a joke?"

"No."

Taemin rolled his eyes. "Anyway, you're not my type, so no worries."

Baekhyun pursed his lips. "Okay, I'm done with this conversation. Bye, Taemin, see you later maybe!" Baekhyun called as he pivoted around and continued his walk down the hall.

Taemin chuckled as he walked away, too.

"What's on your shirt?" Daehyun asked the moment he saw Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just shook his head and gestured for Daehyun to open the passenger door as he muttered, "Don't ask."

Daehyun nodded and mumbled, "Okay, duly noted." Daehyun got into their car and started the ignition as he said, "We'll go home so you can change first, and then I was wondering if you'd like to go to that little café you love so much? It's been awhile since I was last there, so I thought it'd be nice to go together. What do you think?"

Baekhyun smiled and leaned across the console to kiss Daehyun's cheek before softly muttering, "I think you're incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and yes, I'd love to go there with you."

Daehyun smiled too. "Perfect, it's a date, then."

* * *

Baekhyun and Daehyun sat outside on the patio of the café, the opened umbrella over them blocking the sun rays. There was a small breeze blowing along the street, stirring around the leaves and ruffling their hair. The breeze was nice and not overly cold; comforting really.

Baekhyun slowly chewed on his sandwich as he played the crossword, and every now and then drank his tea. He could feel Daehyun's eyes on him, and the longer he stared the redder Baekhyun's cheeks became. A smile twitched at Daehyun's lips as he softly said, "This is a beautiful picture."

"What's beautiful?" Baekhyun asked as he glanced up.

Daehyun smiled and leaned forward as he replied, "Well, for one . . ." He reached out and dragged his thumb across the corner of Baekhyun's mouth, wiping away a crumb and bringing it to his own mouth to lick off. Baekhyun gulped at the sight, and blushed more deeply as Daehyun continued.

"And for two, you sitting here like this while you eat your sandwich and do the crossword, occasionally drinking your tea. It's like I'm seeing our future together, and in it, we have a big beautiful two story home with a nice patio for you to sit in the sun. There'll be sound of little feet running around and small claws sliding across the wood floors. There will be laughter and love, and I can't wait to share it all with you . . ."

Baekhyun's sandwich was frozen halfway to his mouth, and it took him a moment before he slowly placed it back onto his plate as he stood up. "Daehyun . . ." He moved around the table and placed himself onto Daehyun's lap as he softly whispered, "You paint a beautiful picture."

Daehyun smiled and gently threaded his hand through Baekhyun's hair as he softly replied, "I'd paint the universe for you . . ." He said before softly kissing him; Baekhyun sighed as he kissed him back.

It was growing dark as Baekhyun and Daehyun sat inside the small café near the fireplace. It was close to closing time and they were enjoying their time talking to Minseok and Jongdae as they played a game of cards; Baekhyun sitting more on the sidelines though, since cards had never been his forté. He was sipping his tea, and occasionally glancing outside the window at the full moon, when someone passed beneath a street lamp outside and drew Baekhyun's attention. He gasped when he saw the curls and midnight hair, and the jacket pulled up high to protect his ears and the exposed skin of his neck and cheeks.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and shook it off before reopening them. Once he did, he saw a completely different man with baggy clothes and a hood over his head.

It's not him. I'm just seeing things, Baekhyun thought as he turned his back to the window. It can't be real. He can't be real.

Baekhyun sighed as he rubbed his face, his mind already shutting down for the night as he leaned his cheek onto his open palm and closed his eyes.

He can't be real . . .

Word count: 1,041

~ 🌸 ~

A/N: Hello, lovelies! I just want to quickly say that I love Daehyun's character so much; he's so sweet and kind and caring, and I always feel so conflicted when writing this story. It was painful watching him pursue Baekhyun in book one, so it breaks my heart at that the possibility of it happening again.

Do you guys resent Baekhyun in any way for hurting Daehyun in the past? Do you think Daehyun was a fool to continue loving someone who'll always have half his heart buried with someone else? Do you think the past is bond to repeat itself? Will Daehyun ever find his happy ending, or will his blind love wreck him beyond repair?

Share your theories, and please, don't forget to vote. Thank you!

I hope everyone is having a good day/night.

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️