Thirty-six.

A/N: We all know what today is ~ ~

Update day! I hope you enjoy the chapter, and please, don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️

P.S. I wish I could just publish all the chapters I've written so far to my story Winter Heat | Chanbaek. But sadly, I have a special day for a special update and can't ruin it. *sigh* Oh well. 😊🤗

~ 🌸 ~

Chanyeol had just finished with his shower when there was a knock on his front door, and his heartbeat picked up imagining the possibility of Baekhyun standing on the other side. He quickly rubbed the towel through his hair, and pulled his shirt on before answering the door. His heart jumped when he saw the person standing before him, and a feeble smile tugged at his lips as he quietly muttered, "Hey, Yoora," before pulling her into a hug.

Yoora sighed at the warmth of feeling her brother's hugs again, and spoke softly in a muffled voice due to Chanyeol's shirt. "Can I come in?"

Chanyeol nodded and released his sister as he rasped, "Of course."

Yoora stepped into the apartment, her eyes taking in every little detail of the small space —- from the old worn brown couch, to the small organized kitchen, to the random pieces of clothing strewn around the living room —- everything Chanyeol has called home for the past two years.

Yoora smiled. "I like it here," she muttered. "It feels homey."

Chanyeol smiled thinly. "It's been my home for two years . . ." he trailed off. "Would you....would you like something to drink?"

Yoora nodded. "That would be great. Thanks."

Chanyeol nodded and made his way into the kitchen as he asked, "So what brings you here?"

Yoora shrugged. "No reason, I just felt like seeing you. Sorry that I didn't call first . . ." Yoora trailed off.

Chanyeol smiled and waved her off as he said, "No worries, I'm glad you did."

Yoora smiled too as she accepted the cup of tea from Chanyeol. She took a small sip before asking, "Is Baekhyun here?"

Chanyeol's smile fell away, and his eyes dropped to the floor as his brow furrowed and he muttered, "No, he . . . he moved out temporarily."

Yoora frowned and placed her cup on the table as she curiously asked, "Why?"

Chanyeol laughed humorlessly and took a swing of his own tea —- secretly wishing it was something stronger —- before he said, "Baekhyun, he, um.... He was engaged before I walked back into the picture. He was going to marry Daehyun . . ."

Yoora's face twisted in pain for her brother as she softly said, "Chanyeol, I'm—-"

"Please, don't," Chanyeol whispered. "Just let me speak . . ." Yoora nodded; Chanyeol sighed, and continued by saying, "Baekhyun was engaged to Daehyun, and their relationship has always been something I was jealous of. They're so close, and for me to have expected Baekhyun to simply leave him without some kind of resolution was naive of me. Five days ago they . . . they slept together. Baekhyun said he needed closure . . ." Chanyeol sighed. "I was angry when I found out, and then the next day I asked him to leave. I haven't seen him in four days, and it's physically and emotionally killing me, and I'm too much of an egotistic bastard to tell him how much I miss him."

Yoora sighed. "You say you love him, but you're allowing your ego to stand between you? What are you afraid of Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol inhaled shakily and gasped, "I'm afraid of losing him!"

"But you told him to leave, and now you won't even admit to his face how much you miss him!" Yoora yelled.

"I'm afraid, Yoora! The thought of losing Baekhyun scares me shitless, and maybe I thought it wouldn't hurt so much, being that I've gone longer before. But this time it's different! This time I'm so hopelessly in love with him that I can't think straight without him beside me! He's a drug to me and I'm so tightly wound around him there's no way to recover if I lose him! I'm pathetic, Yoora!"

"You're not pathetic, Chanyeol, you're just deeply in love," Yoora softly replied. "And Chanyeol, you need to realize that despite the history Baekhyun shares with Daehyun, he's chosen you both times. Yes, he made a mistake, but he's human and he had to do something you didn't like to put the past behind himself. He left Daehyun for you twice, Chanyeol, so if you're still afraid of losing him than maybe you should start trusting him more because clearly he loves you."

* * *

Baekhyun was nervous as he stepped out of the cab after handing over his fare. His hand went up to hold the collar of his jacket closed against the cold, and as his feet carried him forward he kept replaying what he would say inside his head; his apology had to be perfect.

The elevator ride was excruciating, and then he was finally standing at the threshold and knocking on the door. When it opened, and Baekhyun saw him for the first time after four days, everything he had been practicing to say escaped him and all he did was stare and choke back the urge to cry.

After Yoora had left, Chanyeol hung out with Taemin. They were in the living room together watching an action movie when there was a knock at the door. Chanyeol stood up to answer it, and as each step brought him closer to the door a feeling began to settle over him, and even before he opened the door he already knew who would be standing on the other side.

He opened the door slowly, and his eyes flickered up to meet Baekhyun's worn and tired face. Chanyeol felt his heart skip as he whispered, "Baekhyun . . ."

Baekhyun's bottom lip began to tremble as he whispered, "You deserve to know the history between Daehyun and I, because I can't hide it anymore.... Please, can I come in?"

Chanyeol nodded and hoarsely croaked, "Yes...." He trailed off, and then he began to open his mouth to speak. "Baekhyun, I'm—-"

"No, Chanyeol, please. We have to talk, you have to understand. I love you, and I . . . I can't hide anymore . . ."

"What are you hiding?"

A tear fell down Baekhyun's cheek as he shakily whispered, "My biggest secret."

Word count: 983

~ 🌸 ~

A/N: What do you think is Baekhyun's biggest secret? Will what ever it is stand in the way of his future with Chanyeol? Read to find out!

Thank you! Hugs! 🤗😊

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️