Chapter 3

I heard someone talking somewhere near me. And I did not open my eyes. mostly because I was afraid of what I would see.

"Is there anything wrong with her?" I heard a husky male voice ask someone.

" Just a sprained ankle. Nothing to worry about it' ll pass within a day or two." replied a very feminine voice. I opened my eyes to see who is talking, are they talking about me? I was so surprised to see Tyler talking to a nurse.

I looked around to see where I'm at. This is the first time I have been to a hospital this comfortable, everything is so clean and beautiful compared to the one I had been to when I was in India.

"Then why did she fainted?" Tyler asked.

"well, I think she had a panic attack. But you said she talked normally after the accident right? if so I don't think the accident is what triggered the panic attack. Did she get into an accident before ? or maybe a trauma on something happened in the past?" the nurse asked from Tyler who had a confused look on his face. Can't blame him because no one knows about me and my past. I'm just an invisible girl in the college and I wish to stay that way.

"I have no idea," Tyler said a little lost in thoughts.

At that moment I chose to sit up and make them aware that the person they are talking about is still in the room. They both turned and looked at me all at once that makes me blush a little from embarrassment. I kinda hated the attention I got all of a sudden. But there's nothing to do about it I wanted to leave this place at once with all the comfort this place provides, I came to a conclusion that this place must be expensive.

Tyler slowly walked towards me and asked: "Are you okay now ?"

"yeah thanks" I answered a little flustered and confused about; why the hell is he here?

I tried to get down from the bed when the nurse reminded me of my sprained ankle.

"Its nothing to worry about dear. The pain will last for a few days, honey. Do you want me to recommend you some painkillers?" she asked.

"No, I think I can handle the pain. It's no big deal. Thanks" I said politely.

"Can I go now?" I asked because it was so uncomfortable for me to stay there. It reminded me of the incident that happened in past.

"Oh, sure honey. I just want you to answer these questions and you'll be free to go" she said.

It was then I saw her name tag saying 'Liz'. somehow I felt that the name suited her well.

"ok. have you had any panic attacks before ?" she started asking I think it's for medical purposes because she was ready to note down if there's anything important.

"yes. Twice before. but it happened a long time ago." I said reluctantly.

"well do you know what triggered it? do you have any past even or trauma that causes you this.?" she asked further.

I chose not to talk because lying would be bad. she is trying to help. so I remained silent partly because telling her might cause another attack. But the major part was because Tyler is still here. I could see him through my peripheral vision he is observing me from head to toe.

"..oh honey it's alright you can tell me? what do you think the cause for this panic attack you had today ?" she asked again. well, I thought it was okay to answer this question as I don't have to explain the whole history about my panic attacks.

so I answered without thinking much into it.

"its probably because he was too close to me" I replied pointing Tyler.