16. Leave Tonight

"Leave tonight, or live and die this way."

   Kirishima bit his lip as he tried to watch a change in Bakugou's expression. Either he was stunned, or he wasn't listening, but either of those reactions made Kirishima more anxious the longer he waited.

   If Kirishima leaned a tiny little bit forward, both of their nose would be touching, but he didn't try his luck. He stayed still, and after a long time of waiting, he glanced down, where he could avoid Bakugou's sharp gaze. He sighed, and began to lean back, when a rough hand gripped his forearm, keeping him in place. He looked back up, and his nose finally touched Bakugou's.

   "Leave tonight."

   No other word was uttered between them, as Kirishima smiled so brightly the night was enlightened by his smile alone. He tilted his head, and leaned forward, relief washing over him as Bakugou leaned forward as well, and sealed their lips together.

   The kiss was short, but it sparkled so much inside them that the feeling could linger on forever until they seal their lips again. Their heart ached as blood rushed to their cheeks, and the air became almost impossible to get. Their eyes didn't close, and they kept gazing at each other, in a way that they would never want to stop. The feeling was indescribable, but no matter the number of words they use to try and say how it felt, no amount of those could be worth to describe the kiss.

Amazing.

Right. 

Perfect.

Sweet.

Exciting.

Short.

Electric.

   It didn't matter if it was a whole essay, or a single word, the feeling they had could not be described correctly anyway.

   As they pulled away, Kirishima smiled, and let out a chuckle, as he watched Bakugou avert his gaze down, his cheeks red, his lips curved upwards.

   "I-"

   "I-"

   The two stared at each other bewildered as they spoke at the same time. Kirishima grinned, and wrapped his arms around Bakugou's waist, pulling him closer, as he rested his head on his shoulder. He breathed out, sighing contently. "You can go first," he murmured, clasping his hands together, keeping Bakugou's torso trapped.

   "No. You go," murmured back Bakugou, slowly wrapping his arms around around Kirishima's shoulders, holding him even closer, as he leaned his head on Kirishima's hair, that lost some of its hardness during the day.

   "If you wish so," smiled Kirishima, leaning back a tiny bit, so his mouth was right above Bakugou's empty ear. The ear without aid. The ear that would hear naturally what he was going to say, that would hear the words that it'll never be able to ignore, lose, forget.

      They relaxed in each other's touch, yet the longer Bakugou waited for an answer, the more tense he became. He didn't expect something bad to be heard, but as the warm breath of the man he still felt the lips of on his own, he grew nervous, anxious. It wasn't like he'd admit it to anyone else, but in another way, the warm breath was relaxing, soothing. 

   "I love you," murmured Kirishima, gently kissing Bakugou's helix. He repeated those words a few times in hushed whispers, and Bakugou heard them all clearly.

   He heard them so clearly, he almost thought his ears were healed. Healed by the love whispers and kisses. Healed by a true love's kiss. Healed by true love's three most special words. Healed by the sweet lips that revealed the sun when separated. Healed by the one who made his heart race and his mind forget its thoughts. Healed by Kirishima Eijirou.