Part 3

Shyam, on Khushi's behalf, had already called and notified Paras's clients that the Guptas' won't be supporting Paras's company at all and because of this many of them decided not to renew their contracts with his company.

 Shyam knew that some of Paras's biggest clients' contracts were coming to an end and they were thinking of renewing it, mainly because of the Guptas highly recommended his company and also the service Paras provided them was really good. 

 Since Shyam is friends with them it was easy for him to get all the information and some of the clients even decided to sever ties with Paras's company since the Guptas stopped supporting him. That's how much influence the Guptas had in the market. Their opinion mattered a lot to others. Due, to this Paras lost three big clients of his and the news spread like wildfire.

Shyam is pretty manipulative, not in a bad way though, since he is a lawyer that comes pretty naturally to him. He knows how to convince others without even trying and that's how he got his work done. He believed in tit for tat; thus there was no way in hell he'd let that man walk out without suffering. If Khushi's recommendation can get him work then obviously she can put him out of work as well! Hence, he convinced his father to do this as this was the only way to get back at him. But obviously Shyam explained his father from a business point of view and he was successful at it as he knew his father will never agree to this "tit for tat" game.

Paras never thought Khushi would actually do this and this definitely did not sit well with him. 

"Game is on Khushi! You have played your part really well, but now it's my turn. You ruined my company's reputation now wait and watch how I ruin your reputation."

Days passed by and everything settled down or at least the Guptas thought like that.  However, no one got the inkling of the storm that was brewing up. 

----------

"Ma'am Mrs. Nirmala Sharma and Mrs. Gayatri Patel has come to visit you." The butler notified Garima and Madhumati. "Why did these two nautankis come over?" Madhumati asked. Garima rolled her eyes at her sister-in-law's remarks, but instructed the butler who arrange for some snacks.

"Namaste!" Madhumati and Garima greeted them. Although Garima's one was a sincere greeting Madhumati's facial expression clearly expressed her annoyance over their sudden visit.

"Namaste bhabiji and Madhumati-ji!" The two women greeted them with a fake smile plastered on their faces. "How come you two are here today. Normally you two barely visit us." Madhumati asked. "Madhumati-ji why wouldn't we come? After hearing what had happened, we just couldn't stop ourselves." Mrs Sharma said. "Yes. Garima you didn't even tell us about all this. Don't you consider as your own?" Mrs. Patel chimed in. "Meaning? I'm sorry I'm a bit lost. What are you two talking about?" Garima looked pretty puzzled, but Madhumati knew where this was heading to by seeing their expressions.

"We are referring to Khushi's broken alliance." Mrs. Sharma said. "Yes, Paras's mother joined our kitty party this month and she told us everything. You never told us that Khushi is infertile." Mrs. Sharma continued to drop bombs on them. "Come on, this isn't something to share after all. But Garima, she said nasty stuff about our Khushi. But, Nirmala and I defended our Khushi and scolded her left and right. Now's its not Khushi's fault. She doesn't have control over all this. All of this is due to fate and bad luck. I'll give you my priest's number and maybe you should try to do some puja so that Khushi will find a good husband. Don't worry Garima we are with you."  Mrs. Patel added more fuel to the fire. 

Garima's head hung low and Madhumati was ready to explode. Before that Payal walked in and was ready to knock some common sense in their heads. 

"Right Aunty-ji you really care about us and hence you are now here to rub salt in our wounds isn't?" Payal mocked them. "Payal beti what are you saying. We were concerned about Khushi beti." Mrs. Sharma showed her fake concern and that irked Payal further.

"Oh really? That's why instead of comforting my mother you are indirectly mocking her and Khushi. And what's there to feel bad about? What bad luck are you two talking about? Not being able to bear a child doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Khushi won't die if she doesn't have a child." Payal said while grinding her teeth in anger. 

"Payal you live in this society. Marriage and having kids are a must for a woman or else what will people say?" Mrs. Patel snickered trying her best to hit Payal with the "facts".

"Aunty-ji could you please show me that rule book where it's written that its a must to have a child or to get married? I really want to see it, but guess what? You can't show it because these baseless rules were made by our society and people like you who has nothing better to do other than meddling into others lives. Trust me, Khushi is doing just fine and she is content with her life. Thank you for your concern." Payal said. 

At that moment Garima and Madhumati were proud of their daughter. 

"Garima please control Payal's big-mouth. She has no idea how to speak to elders. My daughter Pari will never speak like this to others." Mrs. Sharma said it in anger. 

"Oh Aunty, you are very funny. People who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones at others. If you knew how your daughter actually is you'd have a heart attack right now. So, please don't  make me say stuff that you won't be able to hear. Again, thank you so much for coming over and expressing your concern for Khushi but I think both of you have overstayed your welcome and the door is right behind you. Namaste!" Payal curtly folded her hands and both the ladies left the house as their plan got foiled and Mrs. Sharma was trying hard to figure what her daughter did. Someone is getting into trouble thanks to Payal.  

------------------

This chapter was hard to write. My plan was to write something else but I decided to add this part mainly because I wanted to show how the society never lets you stay in peace. Not only the girl suffers in such situations, but also her family goes through a lot of humiliation as if they have committed some kind of crime. That's why the main focus of this chapter was Khushi's family members instead of Khushi. Most families can't even endure all of this unwanted pressure and as a result, they end of up torturing their own daughters by either abandoning them or scarring them mentally. I wish all the families were like Guptas and in my opinion every family needs a daughter like Payal for sure. 

Also, guys I did not portray Shyam in a bad light. I just wanted to show how people normally act when their dear ones get hurt and I don't think Shyam did anything wrong. To be honest if I were in his situation I would have done the same. 

As always, if you liked this chapter then please vote and comment down below. For more update follow me!

Thank you everyone for all the love and support! ^_^