Part 5

"Nope."

Khushi instantly said no to which her siblings sighed but obviously, they won't give up without convincing her. 

"Why not Khushi? See, we know why you are drowning yourself in work." Payal said a bit angrily. 

She was so done with Khushi hiding her feelings and staying depressed like this always. She missed her bubbly sister a lot. 

"Jiji, I know all of you are sick of me! Even I hate myself at this point. I don't like staying glum like this. But, I do need some time to move on right? I am not sad about the fact that Paras is gone. That's not the case. I am mad at myself for letting him use me. I am mad at the fact that I couldn't see his real face." Khushi said sadly.

Payal felt bad for her little sister again. She got her situation slightly wrong. She was under the impression that Khushi was sad because Paras isn't in her life anymore. Nonetheless, Khushi needs to try at least to get over her grief. Staying at home and working like a machine is definitely not the way to get over anything. 

"But, Khushi confining yourself won't do you any good. You need a change of environment. Try to enjoy your life a little bit only then you will be able to move on. Or else, years could pass by and you still won't get over your sadness. " Payal said and Shyam agreed with her.

"Khushi, you know I never agree with Payal, but in this case, I am with Payal." Shyam said to which Payal rolled her eyes.

"Also, who says no to Bora Bora? Come on!" Payal tried further to convince her. 

"Khushi, let us know by dinner time whether you are in or not." Shyam said and both the siblings left. Shyam didn't want to pressurize her any further. He wanted her to think about the stuff they have said and at the end of the day, it's her life. They can only guide her but can't force her.  

*Dinner time*

Everyone was gathered at the dining table as it was dinner time. As usual, Khushi came late. Although she used to be very punctual before; but after the whole Paras incident, she just lost track of everything. 

"Papa, I think you should hire someone temporarily to take care of my official duties." Khushi mentioned and everyone looked puzzled. Payal and Shyam thought she would just resign from her position and literally stay in her room 24/7. 

"Did we say too much?" Payal whispered to Shyam and he was mortified thinking that they might be the reason for her rash decision. 

"Why Khushi?" Shashi asked her. 

"Because, Bhai, Jiji and I are going to Bora Bora for a month-long vacation." Khushi announced and everyone was presently surprised. Payal and Shyam couldn't believe what they heard. 

"Wait for real? Like really?" Shyam asked just to be sure. "Yes, Bhai! Enough of me crying and being lonely. It's time to bury all those painful memories and venture out in life!" Khushi said with a smile. For the first time in a while, they saw a genuine smile on her face and they just knew she really meant it.

"WOHOOOO!" Payal cheered as finally, her sister is back. 

"Bora Bora, here we come!" Shyam said in excitement and Khushi hugged her siblings.

Oh, what would she do without them?

Garima, Shashi and Madhumati were relieved that all their children were happy and back to normal.

Will this vacation change Khushi's life for good or is it yet another calm before the storm? 

----------

I hope you enjoyed this update. As always, if you liked this chapter, then hit the vote button and comment down below. For more updates, follow me ^_^