Part 9

"Uh oh!"

"Arnav didn't you say you wouldn't go out for clubbing today?" NK asked him in an interrogative manner. "NK, you do know that people can change their mind?" Arnav shot back at him. 
"You usually don't. You are like keh diya na? bas, keh diya type from K3G." NK said. He never fails to crack a joke even when the other person is getting agitated by it. 

"Yes, but guess what he changed his mind at the end." Arnav couldn't believe he was arguing with NK about this that too at a club.

"Well, makes sense with the outdated thinking. Yash Raichand upgraded himself at the end. What about you?" Khushi mumbled which made Arnav furrow his brows in anger and NK chuckle.

 That damn mouth of hers. Always has to butt in!

"Mental note: Gupta, you gotta put a leash on it. Dammit."

"You seem like those desi aunties who just can't mind their own business." Arnav said with an annoying smile on his face.

"Burn." NK thought.

"And you seem like those uncle-jis who can never be in a good mood. Always pissed for absolutely no reason." Khushi said with an equally annoying smile.

"Burn again. I am so enjoying this." NK thought.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" Arnav asked, now he is pissed off.

"Wait a second. I think I know you." Khushi said as realization dawned upon her as to whom she was talking to. "You are just like those other girls. Ew. Please upgrade your pathetic conversation starter lines." Arnav snickered. 

"You wish I'd try to start a conversation with you. Also, we were already talking so I didn't have to start anything. You were the one who initially started it if I am not wrong." Khushi said rolling her eyes. "I can't believe you are the same Arnav Raizada from AR Group. I expected AR Group's owner/CEO to be a bit more nice." Khushi said which made him feel dumb. He did start and interrupt her and NK's conversation. "Hold up! You are the CEO of Gupta Designs aren't you? Khushi Gupta." Arnav said, shocked and so was NK. 

"Khushi, what are you doing here?" Shyam asked her and that's when he saw Arnav. "Oh hey! Arnav and NK. What a pleasant surprise. What are you two doing here? Vacation or work?" Shyam asked them as he hugged them both. "You know them?" Khushi asked in a surprised manner, to say the least. "Yeah. Not do I know him only but we are friends." We went to the same college and university. 

Khushi chocked on her drink.

"Friends? EW! Couldn't bhai find any other friends at university."  She thought.

"And she is your sister, Shyam?" Arnav asked to clear his doubts. "Ya! She's the youngest one." Shyam said proudly.

"Goddammit." He thought.

"How come I never saw him?" Khushi asked in confusion. "Um.. cause both of us studied abroad." Shyam answered Khushi's seemingly dumb question. "No. Not that. Like they never came over or something." Khushi rationalized. "Oh, that's because both of us got busy and he did come over a few times but at that time you went abroad for uni. Mismatch of timing I guess and we still met up outside here and there. Also, we frequently see each other at business parties but you never attend any so how will you even know?" Shyam said and poked fun at her being anti-social.

Arnav chuckled and this infuriated Khushi. Arnav, Shyam and NK were chit-chatting when Arnav noticed that Khushi was looking at a certain way in a motionless manner. He looked at the direction Khushi was staring at. He saw some guy, clearly drunk and seemed out of it, dancing with a random girl.

"Khushi..." Shyam said softly and held her as she seemed out of it. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yup. I'll just go and make a call. I'll be back in a while. You catch up with your friends." Khushi said, gave a smile and excused herself. Shyam didn't think much about it and continued his conversation. 

That was one of the most disingenuous and sad smile he had ever seen. He saw the guy noticed her and went after her which she didn't notice. 

"That guy seems like trouble and she clearly didn't want to bother Shyam with her problem." Arnav thought.

 Arnav didn't tell Shyam because if Khushi had to tell him she would have done that earlier. He just had a feeling that something was wrong and that's why he couldn't help but to go after them and see for himself as to what was going on.

Everyone is at one place. What could go wrong?

------------------

Belated Merry Christmas to the ones who celebrate it <3 I really hope you all had a great time with your friends and family. This is my last update of this year and I wish you all  a "Happy New Year" in advance. Stay safe and have fun. Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the support on this story. It really means a lot to me ^_^

If you liked this chapter then please hit the "Vote" button and leave a comment. So many people read the update but a fraction of likes only. Do "Vote" everyone since that helps me out a lot :)