CHAPTER 25 : Will you always remember me?*

Italics : Past memories.

Severus' POV:

"Severus what took you so long, I was this close from becoming a freaking icicle for Godric's sake," Florina ranted as she held my outstretched hand.

I glared at her turning left and right to make sure no one was around us. 

Once I saw the cost was clear, I turned to her, "Florina, how many times do I have to remind you, whenever we are out of my office, don't call me Severus. You are still my student, don't forget that. And for the last time, you are a Slytherin, we say Salazar's sake not Godric's sake."

"But it has a ring to it," she chuckled when she saw me playfully glaring at her "Sorry, sorry I know. It was my frozen arse speaking."

I choked to stop myself from laughing out loud. Her silly jokes used to always lighten the mood, any mood. No matter how heavy the air was, her silliness always managed to find its way to make it lighter. 

She saw me choke and busted out laughing to the point where she couldn't breathe properly anymore. We had to stop when she held her side in pain from laughing.

"What is so funny?" I asked her bewildered.

"You...looked...so...constipated," she struggled between her laughing fits. She began to gradually control herself. However when she saw my face red from embarrassment, she started laughing again until she dropped down to her knees clutching at her sides.

Seeing her struggle to stop herself from laughing broke through my barriers and I found myself laughing with her. Unlike her however, it didn't take me much time to control myself. 

"Florina, you are insane, stop laughing!" I said as seriously as I could but it wasn't convincing when her Professor cannot stop himself either.

After a few painful moments, I squeezed her hands to make her stop. "No seriously Florina, that's enough," I fixated her with a look "I have a reputation to uphold remember."

She pouted, "Oh come on. You are so fun. It's a shame that the students will never see this fun side of you. They will love you more I am sure."

I simply shrugged, "I am not looking for anyone's approval Florina. I am perfectly content with being left alone. But having them step out of line, that is what I cannot tolerate."

Her smile suddenly fell, as if she felt afraid. "I understand," she whispered softly.

Silence descended upon us for a few moments. We began our hike towards the forbidden forest. The sound of the rustling trees and bird chirps filled the uncomfortable silence. Noticing her changed demeanour, I slowly held her hand in mine startling her. She looked from our hands to me and smiled.

I whispered, "You know very well I wasn't talking about you. I wouldn't be out here very early in the morning in the forbidden forest helping you with the Potion's project if I was. I would never treat my dear friend in such a manner."

She suddenly stopped in her tracks making me halt with her. She looked up at me with an intense expression. That didn't last for long however and without any warnings, she wrapped her arms around my neck tightly pulling me down to her level. Her fruity like scent filled my nostrils.

I noticed how quickly she matured physically in the last two years. She wasn't that little scrawny girl I met seven years ago.

Her face wasn't sunken, her body wasn't frail and she fit her clothes perfectly. She grew into a fine young woman.