CHAPTER 29 : Reunion*

Nixie (Fairy Queen):

Florina's POV:

"I have never thought there will come a time where we get separated. I am going to miss you so much Rose. Please don't be late," I said to my fairy when we landed on the rocky ground at the edge of the forbidden forest, just a little further away from Hagrid's hut. 

It was almost midnight and the moon was fully visible behind the thin layers of cloud. I saw the lights in Hagrid's hut still lit which made me wonder if he is still up drinking his favourite whiskey.

Rose held me by the shoulders and gave me one final hug, "I never thought such time will come either but I don't need you to worry my Flo. It should be a few days, you won't even realize I am gone."

I nodded waving as she slowly backed away from me, looking like she is on the verge of breaking into tears. Once she was away a considerable distance from me, she beat her wings once and flew upwards. 

She picked up momentum and flew towards the moon, shrinking gradually until she was the size of a tiny star and suddenly disappeared from sight.

I sighed to myself and remembered what she had told me earlier. Nodding in determination, I ran towards the castle. I felt my feet very light almost hovering over the ground. 

Normally, I am not that light. In fact, I am horrible when it comes to running long distances owing it to the fact I am extremely out of shape. But I noticed in just a few long strides, I was able to run miles without breaking a sweat. 

A few seconds later, I reached the castle gates.

I noticed the gates were locked so I put my hands on them. As I placed a hand on the solid metal, my hand went through the huge iron gate smoothly almost like a knife cutting through butter.

I forgot I am just a soul with a half-baked body, I chuckled to myself I should thank Augustus, he made me light enough to run quickly and translucent enough to walk through objects.

I placed my two hands on the gates and just like I did many years ago with platform nine and three quarters, pushed myself in as if the gates didn't exist. 

Once I was in, I raced myself to the hospital wing feeling my pace quickening the farther I ran. 

Suddenly I was stopped by a sharp pain that penetrated my very being. I crouched on the ground and screamed when I felt the pain stab the place where my heart could have been.

The pain kept intensifying as if it was stabbed by a long sword. I cried out clutching my fake body, gripping violently at my aching heart. The pain took but a moment however and it suddenly vanished leaving in its wake a new refreshing feeling. I slowly got up from my position heavily panting.

Why did that happen? I wondered. Maybe the bound between my soul and body is weaker than before.

Deciding that I didn't have much time left to sit back and wonder, I found my footing once more. I started running once more to the hospital wing but felt my speed hasn't fully been restored.