Hammer

I was prancing around the halls of SHIELD when my earpiece beeped.

"Hey Kiddo." Came the voice of my foster father, Clint.

"Wassup?" I asked, unconsciously feeling my belt for gadgets. All there.

"So there's this hammer that's landed in New Mexico."

I stopped walking.

"A hammer? OK....."

I could hear Clint laughing on the other line. "Weird, huh? Fury wants us to check it out."

"Roger that." I replied. "Be there in a minute."

When I reached Fury's office, Clint was already there with two bags slung over his shoulders and a briefcase at his side. He handed me one backpack, keeping the other, and held the briefcase tightly. He took my hand in his free one.

"Your job is simple." Fury explained while I tapped my feet impatiently. "Watch the hammer. Coulson will be there to brief you on further orders. Your plane is already prepped and ready for takeoff."

Clint nodded his head at Fury,  while I gave him a hug and a goofy grin. Then we headed to the airstrip.

The flight was fairly short. Clint feel asleep inn the Co-pilot's seat, so I called Tony.

I had met Tony Stark a year ago when Nat (my foster mom) had to work at Stark Industries while on a mission. Clint doesn't like it when I talk to Tony; he says I already act to much like a miniature Stark. I asked Nat if that was a compliment, but she just shook her head and laughed. Tony said it was, though.

"Hello?"

It was the voice of Tony's assistant, and crush, Pepper Potts.

"Pepper, who is it?" I could hear Tony calling in the backround. "SHIELD? Here." Tony's face appeared on the screen of my phone.  "Hi. You've reached the live model decoy of Tony Stark. Please..." Our eyes met. "Oh. Its you, Hel. I should have guessed."

I giggled. "Live model decoy, huh?" Tony smiled. "well, in that case, I guess I'll just have to speak to Pepper."

Tony smirked. "I'm afraid that was the live model decoy of Miss Pepper Potts as well."

"I guess I'll just have to..." I made to turn off my phone.

"You wouldn't dare." Came Tony's reply.

"Try me."

"Okay Kiddo, you win. Where's your old man?"

I turned my phone do the screen showed Clint snoring softly.

"Asleep." I answered.

"I was. Until somebody woke me up." Came my foster father's reply. I giggled.

"Well I gotta go. See ya Kiddo, Hawk."

And with that, my one source of entertainment vanished.

I groaned.