Exploring

I woke up cuddled next to a warm body. Long, thin fingers were stroking my hair, and soft green eyes watched me as I awoke.

"Daaaaaddddyyy!" I yawned, opening my eyes and looking into the face of my father.

"Yes, Hels?"

"Can I go exploring today?" I was now sitting up, leaning back on my father's chest. He smiled down at me.

"I don't see why not." He said. I cheered. "However, you mustn't go any farther than the rainbow bridge and the bifrost, and no wandering too far away from the palace."

I bounced up and down in his lap. "Thank you, thank you, Daddy!" I have him a great big hug and a small peck on the cheek. "Bestest Dad ever!" I cried, running out of his room and into mine to get dressed for my day out.

******

"Bye Daddy!"

"Be careful, Hela. I don't want you getting lost or hurt."

I turned and looked back at my father. "I won't!" Then, I ran back to him and jumped into his arms. "Love you, Daddy!"

Loki's POV

"Love you, Daddy!"

Hela's voice rang through my ears as I set her down, letting her race of to who knows where.

"Love you too." I whispered behind her. 

How many people before me had she said that too? I was her father, the only one deserving of that title. And I was now fully determined to never lose my baby again. Not after she had said that. Not after everything that had happened between us. Hela was my baby, my child, and she was going to stay that way.

Hela's POV

I ran first to the Bifrost and the rainbow bridge. I loved the way the colors glinted off of the surface. It was by far the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I found myself sitting there for an hour, entranced by the shimmering lights. I was about to go fond another place to look around when four warriors I recognized came tromping down to the bifrost, whispering angrily about what appeared to be my father. How rude.

"He's out of his mind." One said.

"Unfit to care for a child."

"Banished his own brother."

I took a deep breath before following them into the bifrost, about to yell at then for offending my Dad when we started spinning. Scared, I yelped and tripped forward, faking at the feet of the four warriors. I was yanked to my feet as we were transported down to earth.