Outsmarting the God of Mischief

"There you are, Hela!"

Loki burst into the room, his face flushed red, his green eyes glaring daggers into mine. I looked up at him, my face decorated with innocent curiosity.

"Am I not allowed to visit my own Grandmother?" I asked politely. The glare intensified as he opened his mouth to snap another report back at me, but was silenced by his mother. I giggled.

"Loki, your daughter is simply darling. I insist that she be allowed to visit me wherever." With a stern look, the message got across to my father. He nodded, knowing it was best not to argue back.

I, however, was not limited by that rule, as I didn't care how annoyed my father got. If I was to make his life living Hel, he wasn't getting off easy.

"Faaaather?" I asked, my voice dripping with sarcasm. He snapped his head around to glare at me. "How come you never mentioned I have a Grandmother?"

Of course, I knew the answer. It had probably slipped his mind to warn his daughter about her only set of Grandparents. But asking him in front of his mother loaded the pressure on, and quickly. Loki stood on the spot, words churning through his head, ideas, lies.

"I was going to make it a surprise." He started slowly, drawing out the phrase for as long as hecould muster. "But I suppose it can't be one anymore, can it?" He gritted his teeth, spreading through them, hissing, trying to scare me into submission. I giggled at his antics. I had seen scarier men.

Then bidding goodbye to Grandmother, he pulled me our of the room and down the familiar hallway leading to my room. I groaned.

"Not again!"

He smirked. "Behave, Hela."

"No."

Groan.

Giggle.

"Aren't you clever?"

"Ahuh."

Silence.

Giggle.

The God of Mischief, outsmarted, and out talked by a little girl. Shane.