Chapter 4

^ Jason
————————————————————————————————————————

"I knew it! This is so cool. Hey, does that mean we have powers now? Do we have to go off and destroy some demon king? We're totally heroes now, aren't we? This is so awesome", Jason excitedly spat out his words like a machine gun. The princess looked at Jason with surprise. As he kept rambling about how awesome it was, he was interrupted by a voice, "Jason, enough. Let her speak."

"Ah, right. Right, sorry Tyler, I was just too excited. Miss, you can speak. Sorry for interrupting you", he said with a sheepish smile.

The princess giggled at his actions, "Its quite alright."

"Princess, they cannot speak to you in this way! To rudely spea-"

Motioning for the red robed old man to stop, she spoke, "However, what this young man here has said is quite true. You heroes have been summoned by our kingdom as our final hope. Our land has been plagued by a demon king who wishes for nothing but destruction. Our mages and warriors have fought bravely to keep his army away from our borders, but he grows stronger still. The demon king is an awful existence that craves war and death. He will not stop until all of the kingdoms have fallen. Even now, as we speak, his army is advancing their way here one battle at a time. As a final measure of resistance, we have summoned you without your consent. I know this may be selfish asking this of you, but I implore you, o heroes, save us, save our kingdom, I beg of you", as she spoke her last words, a teardrop rolled down her charming face, heightening the urge to protect her in everyone's hearts. How could the men stand seeing this beautiful girl cry and not do anything to help.

Jake stepped forward, his eyes burningly hot as he stared at the princess, "I'll save you. No problem."Alyssa felt irked as she looked at her boyfriend's passionate eyes staring at the princess. Turning her head, she glared at the princess.

"Yeah, what he said. We'll do it. Just leave it to us." Jason proudly proclaimed as he grinned.

"Wait you two", Tyler spoke up, "You're right princess, you did summon us without our consent."

"Wait Tyler, none of us are actually hurt and they really do need our help. I mean-", Shane's words were cut midsentence by Tyler's glare.

"However, as you are in dire need of help, I suppose we can't blame you for that. We will help you but only if none of us are injured in a life threatening way. We would also like to get acquainted with your kingdom and how it runs as it seems we'll be staying here for a while." He finished what he tried to say before he was interrupted.

"Tyler! I knew you had it in you man. You had me worried there for a sec, haha", Jason shouted as he smacked Tyler's back with a smile on his face. Tyler only glared at him for doing so.

"Tyler's right. I mean, we'll all be together. What's the harm."

"Yeah, isn't this kind of cool. We get to fight a demon king."

"Do you think there are any cute guys here?"

"We're actually heroes, how sweet is that."

"What do you think we should do? I'd like to see the town."

"Do you think we have powers? What kind of magic do they have here?"

"Are our outfits going to be cute? I don't want to have to fight in our school uniform. How lame is that."

As the princess watched the students excitedly speak to one another and agreeing she couldn't help but be moved.  Grateful, she spoke, "Oh, thank you, o heroes. Your kindness will be the demon kings undoing. We would be honored if you enjoy your stay at this castle and whatever questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask it of us. We are forever grateful to you."

As the red robed man watched, he spoke to the princess, "Your highness, it's getting late."

"Yes, of course. My apologies o heroes, you must be quite exhausted. The maids will show you to your rooms. Tomorrow, you will meet with my father, the king. Please have an enjoyable stay." Saying so, she summoned some maids from outside who showed the students to their rooms.

————————————————————————————————————————

^ Jake

^ Alyssa

^ Alyssa