Chapter 6

^ Kyle
————————————————————————————————————————

"*yawn* Why do we have to get up so early anyways if we're meeting the king at noon?" Saying so, Lyra rubbed her eyes tiredly, leaning her head against the chair to rest. They were woken up at 6:30 in the morning and now everyone was gathered at the breakfast table to eat. They were to meet the king in five hours.

"C'mon sleepy head, cheer up. Breakfast is coming out. That'll wake you up." Her friend, Kyle said to her as he sat down to her left at the long table. True to his words, breakfast was brought out by maids for everyone at the table. Lyra, smelling the food, leaned forward on her chair and stared as the maids put the plates of food down in front of her. Eyeing the meal in front of her, she placed some scrambled eggs into her mouth, eating slowly.

"Lyra, you shouldn't eat like that." Jen couldn't help but say, seeing as how her friend was laying her head on the table with her left arm as a pillow. She was using the fork in her right hand to bring food to her mouth to eat slowly. Shaking the fork at Jen who was on her right, she stared at her like she was doing nothing wrong as she continued her meal. Jen furrowed her eyebrows in return. Kyle laughed at the two's interaction.

After breakfast was over, they were brought back to their rooms until they were summoned to meet with the king. As the group of students followed the maid guiding them, they were quiet. None of the students were talking. Wondering what it would be like to meet a king or thinking random thoughts. When they stopped, they were greeted by two knights guarding two large doors. Watching the doors open and leading into the throne room took their breaths away.

The throne room was large, exceedingly so. In the middle from the door was a red carpet that led all the way to the throne. On either side of the red carpet were old aristocratic men and people in robes like the old man from last night. Standing below the throne to the right side was the princess, standing gracefully. On the throne sat the king, a regal looking middle aged man. He sat tall and strong, giving off an imposing aura. He had the air of a king as he watched the students shuffle into the room nervously.

Once the students all stopped in front of the throne, the king spoke, "Welcome heroes. I am King Erin, the current ruler of Synestra. I assume the princess has told you the reason why you are here", seeing the students hesitantly nod he continued, "You were summoned as my kingdoms' last resort to defeat the demon king. Currently, the prince is on the front lines keeping his army of demons at bay, however I fear that he won't be able to hold on much longer. I wish you the best and pray you succeed in your fight against the demon king."

"Excuse me", Tyler raised his hand to get the King's attention. The king nodded his head and allowed him to speak. "I have two questions. Do we have to fight against this demon king? And is there a way back to our world?"

"How dare you! It should be your honor to fight for the king-", the king stopped the noble at the side who lashed out from continuing any further. Turning his head to look at Tyler, he answered, "You do not have to fight. Although as you know, you are currently our only hope and in being so I wish that every single one of you would participate. As for your other question, no, there is no other way currently to return you to your world. All the more reason why it's so important to stop the demon king. As with him lingering in the land, anywhere you go will be wrought with dangers."

"I see. So it seems that we have no other choice than. Thank you for answering" Tyler replied. Hearing that they wouldn't be able to return home, everyone's face paled. Worry now etched into their hearts. They looked at one another, seeing so many familiar faces put them somewhat at ease, at least.

"If there is no other questions, the princess will lead you to the courtyard to have your magical abilities tested." Hearing the king mention magical abilities the students ears perked up, looking excited. At least they had something exciting to distract themselves from their unwanted thoughts.

Stepping forward, the princess said gently, "If you would follow me", and led the group out of the throne room. Walking in the back, Kyle leaned next to Lyra to whisper to her "What do you think? It sounds very heroic doesn't it?"

Looking up at Kyle, Lyra was met with a little smirk. Raising her eyebrow, she only smiled back at him. The two were in agreement with each other. The whole thing sounded cliche. Looking at the two of them and their silent knowing eyes, Jen had to stop them, "Don't even think about it. We've barely gotten here and your already wanting to mess around." Looking back at Jen who was eyeing them, they chose to ignore her.

————————————————————————————————————————

^ Tyler (just make him a little younger looking and he'd be exactly what I pictured)