The Impossible

Maxen giving me the world was no surprise to anyone close to us. I wanted to get married so Maxen made the impossible possible. We were taking his private jet to Vegas without notifying the company or our family. It was a decision Maxen made the minute we woke up and got ready for work. I eagerly agreed and now found myself on the jet. I was seated beside Maxen in the tan leather seat which felt like heaven to me and went through my messages on my phone. Maxen was typing away, no doubt trying to contact the managing staff to avoid mass panic. Not everyone saw Maxen on a daily basis, but they were able to call him or email him when they had questions. I could picture Bennet running around the office, being his usual drama queen self. The thought of Bennet being the star of his own soap opera made me giggle. The high pitched sound causing Maxen to flicker his eyes to me, raising an eyebrow in question. His eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"You're that excited to get married to me?" He asked teasingly.

Putting my phone away, I leaned closer to my fiancé and grabbed onto his arm. He looked amused with me being so clingy. It wasn't how I usually behaved despite me being head over heels for the man who treated me like a goddess.

"I am excited." I admitted to him, a grin spreading across my face, "But that's not why I laughed." Maxen pulled his arm away from my grip and placed it around my shoulders to pull me closer instead, "Bennet."

Maxen's grip on me loosened while he made a sound of disapproval, "I told you I want to get rid of him." He pulled away from me and steadied his laptop on his lap.

I gasped, "Are you giving me the cold shoulder right before we're getting married because of Bennet and his drama queen behavior?" I wasn't serious about it, just a little teasing to keep the mood light between us.

He leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips, "Even if we're fighting I wouldn't give you the cold shoulder." His eyes glittered playfully as he brought up the obvious, "Unlike someone people around here." He muttered.

Pulling away from him I sighed, leaning back in the comfy seat, "I was really upset okay. It hurt thinking that you replaced me with a woman like Layla." Just thinking about that woman left a bad taste in my mouth, I glanced around searching for the staff, "Wasn't there a flight attendant around here?"

Maxen pressed a button on his seat, "Get yourself familiar with this jet, darling." And he was back to calling me his darling. It was impossible to make him stop because he probably didn't even realize he was doing it, "From now on my wife will travel with me to our Tokyo branch."

Hearing him refer to me as his wife made me giggle. This time it was indeed because my heart was filled with too much happiness. Giggling was the only way to express myself right now. I needed to get a grip on my emotions and become calm and collected Ruby Carter again. At least for a little while longer, I was still Ruby Carter.

Maxen responded with a chuckle and kissed my head, "I'm assuming that was you quietly agreeing with me."

"That was me realizing that in a few hours I'm indeed your wife." I held my head up high, "As Ruby Valentine, I should accompany you to places like that. Though, I'd like to remind you that in that regard not a lot will change."

The flight attendant quietly approached us, looking unsure of interrupting our conversation. To make things easier for him I quickly told him what I wanted, green tea and a croissant. It was a light breakfast but I couldn't eat anything else because of the butterflies in my stomach. Maxen asked for a coffee, croissant, and a fruit salad and then continued typing away on his laptop. It looked like he was completely engrossed in his work and didn't need a distraction right now, yet he still paid attention to me.

"Everything will change." He firmly told me, "You'll be my wife." He closed his laptop and tilted his head to the side, meeting my gaze, "When we land we'll both make one call to our family about our plans for today. Then we'll turn our phones off and focus on us. Today we'll have our wedding and wedding night in Vegas. Tomorrow morning we'll head back to the office and focus on Valentine Enterprises again."