Chapter One: Kim Taehyung

Hi all! I had this idea for a while now and decided I was going to publish the first couple chapters for now. I don't own any rights to the images used, and I mean no insult to BTS, BigHit, or any of the people involved in this story. It's an alt universe made for entertainment purposes ONLY! 

Rated M for language, violence, and smut. Now onto the story!

...

Jungkook sits on a couch in his boss's mansion, bored out of his fucking mind. He was ordered to be in the study at 4 pm sharp, and yet hours have gone by with no reason why and no further commands. He would be worried if his boss wasn't Mr. Kim, the fiercest mafia leader in South Korea. Nothing bad would've happened to that bastard. And so he waits, cleaning his gun, checking the premises, and cleaning his gun again. He and the other lieutenants are getting antsy as they wait for something to happen. Like a damn explanation why Mr. Kim called the six lieutenants and a dozen bodyguards to his mansion when nothing was going on. At 9 pm, the front door is thrown open, causing all the men in the study to jump to their feet. Jungkook stretches his neck and arms, a sigh slipping from his lips.

"Finally," Jimin whispers, tugging at his arms to stretch them while they wait for Mr. Kim to arrive. Jungkook just smiles, fully understanding his impatience and frustration. They all turn when the study door creaks open, yet Mr. Kim doesn't enter. No when the door opens, a boy steps in, his dark eyes full of hesitancy. Not surprising considering the room is full of men with guns. Jungkook is mesmerized by the boy's sharp features, soft supple lips, and his tall lanky body. He looks like he walked right off the runway, except for the bloody split in his lip. He stops himself from making a remark, focusing instead on the ominous figure of Mr. Kim behind the boy.

"Good. Everyone's here," Mr. Kim growls, pushing the beautiful boy further into the room. Jungkook fights the urge to roll his eyes. Of course, they were all there. He was the one who was five hours late for no fucking reason whatsoever, "This is my son, Taehyung. He's staying with us, and I want a guard on him 24/7. However, no one—and I mean no one—is allowed to touch him. I know some of your men's peculiar interests, and Taehyung is to be kept safe from that," Taehyung's eyes flare with anger, sparking with rebellion that intrigues Jungkook. No one defies Mr. Kim, and yet his son looks like he desperately wants to. Namjoon steps forward, putting his fist across his chest before bowing his head to Mr. Kim.

"Don't worry, sir. He will be safe in our care," he says and Mr. Kim nods.

"Good. Now go to your posts. Jeon Jungkook! Come here," Mr. Kim calls and Jungkook approaches, his gaze cold and expressionless to his boss. It's safer than showing his emotions and concerns for bringing an innocent into this violent community.

"Sir," he states, greeting the man with the same bow that Namjoon did.

"I task you with guarding Taehyung. Not just from our men, but from himself," Mr. Kim explains, whispering the last part, "He tends to try and run. You are the best with that," Jungkook nods, showing he understands the command, but not the importance. Why is he keeping his son here like a prisoner? "You'll update me regularly, okay?"

"Yes, sir," Jungkook says before Mr. Kim turns to Taehyung who just glares at him.

"Don't give me trouble while you're here, Taehyung, or that lip will be the least of your concerns," Jungkook is amazed when Taehyung doesn't react in fear, but rage. He spits blood at his father's feet, and the man—enraged—backhands Taehyung across the face so hard he hits the floor, "Why must you be so difficult?! Just like your fucking mother..." Mr. Kim storms out grumbling, and Jungkook hesitates. Part of him wants to hurry to Taehyung's side and help him, but the heartless part of him wants to leave him be. He should know better than to lash out against Mr. Kim. The piece of him that isn't a heartless bastard wins, and he reaches towards Taehyung, offering him his hand.