𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

THE PRINCE'S servant has been fairly anxious ever since they agreed on their bet

THE PRINCE'S servant has been fairly anxious ever since they agreed on their bet. Every conversation and point of eye contact he has had with Jeongguk have been limited. He is a fairly strong person, but sometimes his need for affection runs deeper than anything else. Taehyung is going to win. He is sure of it.

After all, he is doing this to see his mother again. That matters more than anything else.

The boy hears a knock on his door, taking him out of his thoughts and he slips out of bed in his silk robe. He doesn't get many visitors in the castle so he is confused, to say the least, that someone would be knocking on his door.

When he opens it, the confusion only increases. It's a girl that looks about his age with kind eyes, a mild furrow in between her eyebrows and a small smile on her beautiful face. He returns with a bow and grin, "What's up?"

"The prince would like to see you," She says through a toothy smile. "He's in the garden."

Taehyung's eyebrows raise as he responds with a breathy squeal of happiness, "We have a garden?"

The girl nods. "Did you forget where you're staying?"

"Oh," He pouts, nodding slightly. "Guess you have a point there. Jeongguk wants to see me? Why didn't he just ring the bell for me like he usually does?"

At that, her smile drops and she gives Taehyung a quizzical look. "Jeongguk, huh?"

"That's his name, isn't it? If it's not, that's awkward for me because I have been calling him that ever since I started working here."

"You call him that around him?" There's nothing but shock on her face. "He doesn't yell at you or anything?"

Taehyung frowns, "No?"

"Interesting," She begins to smirk. "He doesn't like it when staff calls him by his first name. Wonder what's so special about you."

The blonde shrugs, not liking where this conversation is going. She's making it seem like they are something more than they are. It's not like that. He doesn't even like Jeongguk. He had thought he made that obvious.

"Well, he is waiting for you so you should go," As she turns around, she looks back to him and says, "He said to dress casually and to not worry about people judging you? I'm sure you know what he is talking about."

He nods slowly, definitely knowing what Jeongguk was talking about, and waits for her to leave before returning to his room and changing into something particularly feminine. Taehyung can't help but feel exposed in these clothes that mean more to him as a person than anything else he owns.

He put extra care in his curls today, placing a pretty white headband with a yellow flower on it to make him feel even cuter outside with the rest of the flowers waiting for him; he has decided to pair it with a white dress that hangs off of him comfortably. He knows it makes him look soft and kissable which will do amazingly at his task of making his rejection just that much more frustrating for the prince.