one

How many children can remember memories from their Kindergarten days as if they are happening right in that moment? In front of their eyes? I do.

Well, at least that one memory of a pink haired guy I can remember clearly as a bright sunny day.

I remember being at my daycare when one of the care takers walked in with an older guy, probably in his early twenties. For me he looked pretty tall since I was something like two feet. All the twelve children gaped at the handsome stranger as he walked in with his body moving beautifully, as if he was walking on water or air, instead of the ground

" Here they are," Our care taker Miss Nancy told him with glazed eyes.

"I'll take good care of them" he told her and she left after nodding at him as if in a daze.

"So, how about I tell you a story?" He said looking at me as if I was the only one there.

Everybody gathered around him because his smile was so charming and beautiful. His pink hair made him all the more attractive to us children, and several crept onto and around him just so they could touch his hair. I stood as further as I could, because even as a child I could feel that something about him was terribly off.

"Once upon a time there lived a monster. A monster so ferocious and evil that every creature feared him. He had been created from darkness only, and darkness was what lived inside him.

"But even in the darkest nights there are stars which light the way, and even the darkest night has the ability to become a beautiful day. So, to help him overcome his darkness, he was bestowed upon with six friends, who were loyal to him, who cared for him and who kept him company."

"His dark heart, under the weight of his existence that he loathed so much, became lightened but still, his hunger did not. His hunger got the better of him one day and he was thrown in a cell for his gluttony. He still lives in that dark and cold cell, counting every torturous moment, hoping that just one day someone would get him out and he would quench his thirst once and for all" he said, looking directly in my eyes without caring for the five hands entangled in his fluffy, smooth hair.

"I would let dee monster out" I said, more with an intention to irritate him than really meaning it. I did not mention the part where I would let the said monster loose on him and watch what happens. Because even as a four year old, I probably understood that it wasn't a story you told toddlers.

The pink haired guy looked at me in amusement and walked towards me, not caring for the two kids who landed on their backsides as he got up. The children started bawling without receiving any attention from him. His eyes sparkled as if he had gone crazy and he ran a hand through his hair just as he got on a knee and pinched my cheeks.

"I know" he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I can see future" he replied.

"Will I get a car when I grow up?"Dalpyo asked, pushing me away.

"Yes, but I wish you wouldn't" he replied.

"Can I get a husband as handsome as you?"

"Yes, and he will taller than me too" he chuckled.

"Will I get boobs as big as my mom?" my friend Bitna asked.

"If your father stops smoking" he smiled sadly.

"Am I going to be beautiful?" I asked too.

"Oh you will be, sweetie. But will it do you good? Who knows? Maybe it will be a beauty so ethereal that can change hearts of monsters, or a beauty so remarkable that can evoke untamed lust in the already demonic beings? But beware, you never know. Beware of the monster that lurks in the shadows, and whispers sweet words. Beneath those sparkling eyes is darkness and behind those sweet lips are fangs. Never forget that" he smiled sadly again.

"B-but why me?" I stumbled backwards, scared of him at that point.

"You need to ask your grandmother about that kid. I wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for her eyes. Those eyes showed me the girl he's been waiting for, for centuries and I... I just couldn't suppress my curiosity."

"But she never visits us..."

He ignored me and turn to the children.

"Now, it's time for a magic trick. CLOSE YOUR EYES EVERYONE" he stood up.

Everyone did as they were told, except from me. I looked up at him, straight in the eyes with my lips pursed.

"You really are a stubborn kid" he tsked and then as I blinked, he was gone. Just like that, one moment he was there, the other he wasn't.

In the coming years, all my fellows forgot the incidence. Some thought of it as an illusion but I knew it was real.
My faith strengthened when I heard the news of my dearest friend Bitna dying at the age of nine due to cancer and Dalpyo loosing his life in a car crash, his first car that his parents bought for him when he turned eighteen.

I knew the pink haired guy was real, everything he said was real and he was anything but human.

I knew it was real because I grew up to looking way better than I ever thought i would.

And I knew, that my fate had been sealed with someone who wasn't a human either. I lived a comfortable life, my parents made enough money, my friends Hoseok and Seokjin took care of me like my own brothers and you would think it was a perfect life but I knew it wouldn't last.

I knew the words of that pink haired guy would come true one day.

And I knew that day was near when my grandmother called for me to see her one last time. I knew it was time for me to face the inevitable, just like everyone else had.

A/N:

JIMIN WILL NOT BE THE SECOND LEAD I PROMISE😅😅