two

I stood in front of that huge, grey stone building without any windows, right in the middle of nowhere, holding the map that had led me here and the suitcase containing my few belongings.

Despite warnings from my parents and my friends Hoseok and Jin, I had visited my grandmother only to be met by news of her having died already, leaving me a single message.

"find him.

kill him"

And a few sketches;

There were more sketches, showing the most intense, dark eyes, the most enticing, sinister lips and even though they weren't drawn perfect, the beauty they held was breathtaking

There were more sketches, showing the most intense, dark eyes, the most enticing, sinister lips and even though they weren't drawn perfect, the beauty they held was breathtaking. However, none of the sketches showed the face I was so curious, almost desperate to see. The face that haunted my grandmother and even after death had been her one last wish of purge.

So I stood here, disguised as a worker, but in my heart, a seeker for answers that weighed heavy on my shoulders for they were not a single generation's debt.

The large door in front of me opened at the same time as a gush of wind hit me from south, my hair getting the blow more than anything else.

"Yes?" A tall guy with blonde hair stood in what looked a narrow alley leading inside.

"I'm the..."

"Oh, I remembered. The new helper, right?" he stood aside to let me in "Please come in"

"T-thanks"

"So y/n, right?" He asked as he walked with me through the narrow hallways in the dim light. It was terribly cold and dark inside, this place probably had never seen sunlight for centuries and the walls were covered with mould as the evidence of ancient neglect.

"Y-yes" I answered. My tongue had decided not to stop stuttering.

"You know what your duties are as the helper?"

"N-not really..."

"I thought you were from one of the oldest families working for us?"

"I- my grandma didn't tell me much..."

"Just like she was supposed to, and how we expect you to be"

"I... don't get it?"

"Y/n, do you believe in the super natural?"

"K-kind of"

"My dear little y/n, These walls you see, they keep the humans outside safe because we've confided evil here. This is a prison, to be honest, for one of the most evil monsters the world has ever known. The reason humans are afraid of the dark is stranded here, and your family has helped us through generations to make sure others out there stay safe..."

"How?"

"By carrying out some basic duties that include..."

"No. How do you know the monst- the entity you're keeping here is evil?"

"We know. Because we were there all along"

"But..."

"Y/n, you can settle in your room, start tomorrow. It's important that this entity doesn't grow out it's wings. That's why we have the procedure performed weekly to make sure his wings don't grow out. You'll see him when the procedure has been performed and he's at his weakest, so no need to worry. You'll bring him food and make sure there is enough water for him to consume for the rest of the week"

"If... If he's so evil, why don't you just...?"

"Kill him? We can't. He has a number of years to live out, no creature really is immortal. But before that number is up, we can only keep him at bay"

"How does he... look like?"

Namjoon thought for sometime. Then replied with a single word. "Ethereal" he sighed " But truth be told, words can never describe how beautiful he is" he continued.

I nodded and took the keys he was holding out for me. He gave me a warm smile and was about to leave.

"Oh and y/n," he turned to me as if the most urgent of words had just approached his thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Please do Yourself a favour and do not mix your feelings with your job. You do not know  things we do. You're too young to understand so just trust us and don't get emotionally involved..."

"You're quite young yourself so..."

"As I said, you do not know things we do. See you tomorrow" he said giving me a concerned look and left.

I turned back to the huge wooden door, that had it's older glamour peeling off in many places. I opened the lock to the room and it opened with a loud creak.

I entered and looked around the victorian decorations, a huge four post bed, a tiny exhaust fan near the ceiling, a painting portraying people burning and being tourtured in hell by demons, and a door that led to the washroom.

No windows.

There were no windows in this whole building.

I changed into my comfortable clothes and crawled inside the sheets hoping to fall asleep soon because I was exhausted, from both the travel and all the new information I had received just minutes ago from the tall, handsome and so unbearably mysterious man.

We'll see who gets to who.

I started feeling hot soon enough and had to push the sheets away. It wasn't enough, I realised as my body kept protesting. Despite the cold whether I felt hot and I had to take off my clothes too. I kept wiping off the small beads of sweat from my temple and turning and tossing around, changing positions when...

"Y/n..." I heard a deep voice call my name in the sweetest, most seductive tones.

I kept my eyes shut and tried to ignore the strange sensations all over and inside my body and the voice that sounded so near to me. I heard the bed creak and the mattress near me getting pressed down under the weight of unknown.

And I... I desired something. I really wanted it but I didn't know what... My body was going feverish with this want, getting yet warmer...

"Y/n..." I heard again, this time feeling soft fingertips run down the side of my bare body, making me shiver.

"My wings..." the voice said thoughtfully as I felt the fingertips on my lower belly and that need inside me increased to a sickening craving.

I opened my eyes suddenly, ready to be consumed by whatever or whoever was haunting this place only to be met by the same stale air of dungeons this place had.

However the curtains of the four post were moving as if someone had just left.

A/N:

I almost forgot about the existence of this book 😬😬