Chapter 6

"I am disappointed in you, Alex. You might want to think it over."  my father Steve said raising an eyebrow. "You killed my mother, you annihilated the crescent, you guys are the reason why so many people are dead, I cannot let you live and I shall avenge my mother's death by eliminating you," I replied. Despite having less experience I was sure about defeating him.

"What are you going to do after you avenge your mother" Steve asked. I thought for a bit and said "I'll change the world. He smirked and took out his sword scabbard and threw it towards me, "the finest blade you can get" he uttered before leaving the hall. I picked up the sword and was stunned to see how sharp and shiny the blade was it was indeed the best one I could get. Its glowing blue cross guard and its comforting grip made it even more delicate.

When I was examining the sword, a man called me and asked me to follow him, probably was leading me to where the duel will be held. He then led me to what looked more like a Coliseum. The thing which surprised me was that it was full of people, shouting, cheering and chanting. I was asked to wait behind a metal door which led to the main battlefield. I could see what was happening there, an execution that's what I could see and it looked like everyone was enjoying it. "pathetic" I said under my breath. After the cleanup, a person who looked more of a host came and announced the duel between me and king Steve.

The crowd went wild after hearing this, the gate in front of me slowly opened and I stepped inside, my heart was pounding and my legs were trembling with fear. I took a deep breath and bit my lip so hard that it started to bleed. King Steve entered from the opposite door and for a moment I tried to forget that he was my own father. He had a grin on his face as always. He walked in with his blade shining against the sun. Something wasn't quite right about the crowd, those weren't joyous screams, but painful cries begging to live.

I stood near the center of the Coliseum and he stopped too, about a dozen meters away from me. "Fight" the host shouted and we both charged towards each other with great pace, his sword met mines and the impact was so loud that it cancelled out crowd's chants. my ears were ringing but I turned back and attacked again, he managed to dodge all of my attacks and wounded my right leg leaving a wound."What incredible speed he has" I mumbled. Despite this, I charged again this time targeting his neck, he crouched and punched me in the guts. I fell on my knees and crowd went wild again throwing pebbles and booing me.

 I got up somehow and this time he charged and I quickly grabbed my sword with my left hand and as I raised the sword he swung his which connected with my left arm, the blade was so sharp that it went through my arm cutting all the muscles and the bone clean, I could just watch as my arm was no longer with me. He cut my arm in one single attack, I was shocked and numb. I applied pressure on the wound with my right hand. Even then I refused to give up and tied the wound with my handkerchief, the blood was still coming out but I ignored and picked up my sword with my right and charged again, he wounded my chest this time leaving a deep cut. I charged again and this time he wounded my back. I cried in pain and the crowd yelled in glee.

 I was down on the ground, the wound on my left arm was so painful that I couldn't stop my tears. Is that the end for me? I thought as I was lying helplessly on the ground waiting for him to end my life in his next attack. I failed to avenge my mother, I failed to eliminate him, I failed in protecting my friends, my life had been nothing but a failure. I crawled towards the exit to cling to my life, to see my friends once again and to be stronger than him. 

King Steve put his sword back and approached me. "See, that's what you get for defying God" he mocked me. I spat on his face and after wiping the spit, he punched me in the eye. Blood rolled down my cheek. "Leave, before I cut you in pieces and come back when this world knocks some sense in you" he shouted. I got up and crawled out of the Coliseum.

My body felt heavy and I collapsed on the ground, then someone rushed and helped me sit down and put pressure on the wounds, then he picked me up. My Right eye was completely done for and left eye was all blur but still, I managed to see the person who helped and that person was no one other than Luke, I smiled before losing consciousness.