Chapter 9

The dragon's tattoo replaced the crescent and we were now their slaves. On the king orders, I was separated from the duo, I was then taken to what looked more of an operation theatre, where some sort of medical team inspected my wounds and few which required stitching were sewn and patched up, it did hurt but I remained committed. 

Then they took me to a lavish room which was finely decorated, the walls had the finest painting I've ever seen and the clean wooden floor welcomed me and on it lied a comfortable bed. I was taken special care of, not only because I was injured or a member but I was the future heir to the throne which I unanimously agreed on when we decided to join the dragons but why me? Even though the king knows I won't kill anyone and most probably will depose the dragons.

I was in deep thought when King Steve entered wearing his heavy armor with his majestic sword inside the scabbard. He approached me and sat beside me, I tried to get up but he stopped me from doing so. 

" I hope you won't go back on your word, Alex," He said with his eyes fixated on me, "I won't, I have already decided that when I become a King I will make this world a better place" I replied looking him straight in his eyes. He sighed and said, "Explain".

"Well, I will depose this organization, will help to restore humanity and will stop the killings," I was determined. "You cannot stop it from happening, people will kill each other even then and it would be like kill or be killed even then" he replied with quite a certainty. His talk seemed absurd to me, "Why are you so fixated on me being the ruler?" I asked. 

"It's not as if you are strong or have any abilities, It is just because you are my son and you carry the Mcmillon blood which surely makes you special as only one who carries that blood is worthy of being a ruler. Your brother has already surpassed you in every aspect and will most probably succeed the Central dragons which is currently under my old man, in other words, your grandfather" King Steve answered. The thought of my own brother and grandfather ruling the dragons shocked me.

"What? My brother and my grandfather ar- I couldn't finish the sentence, the thought made me vulnerable. "Yes, it's true, the Mcmillon's were the ones who established this organization in order to save humanity from going extinct but now it's the other way around, there is also a possibility of a war, it can happen anytime now as the others, Eastern, western and North branches have turned into foes due to lack of funding by the Central and also for choosing your elder brother as the future king of the central, my old man's decision pissed me off to and that is why I have decided to join forces with the other three branches to overthrow the central, so you too need to get ready for a war son, after we overthrow the central, I'm gonna wipe off the other branches too",  the king smirked and I could tell he wasn't lacking confidence.

"Where are Luke and Emma, I want to meet them," I said, "Don't worry, Luke and Emma are now serving me as soldiers" The king replied and got up. He left reminding me about my promise and war and left me in deep thought about how would I face my very own relatives. Our plan had already paid off to some extent but the fact that King Steve remained stubborn disappointed me and it could have resulted in death but we were lucky enough to live. I was tired and fell asleep instantly after I closed my eyes.

"Hey Alex, wake up" someone shouted, I slowly opened my eyes and they met Steve's cold eyes. "Get ready, the war has begun" he stated before handing me a majestic, elegant sword. "Come down to the conference room, we will decide the strategy there," he said before leaving the room. The was has already begun, which means more humans life were at risk, moreover, Emma and Luke's life were in danger too. I hurriedly made my way to the conference room with the assistance of one guard. The room was filled with some senior soldiers and important personalities and also the King himself was there. Each one member there was assigned a group of soldiers and were divided into 10 battalions. King told us that they got a sign from other branches and that they are going to attack the central simultaneously from every direction.

I had to stay back with over 100 soldiers as a backup. The king led the army and I was able to spot Luke, he was waving at me with the sword he borrowed earlier, with the king's order the army got into position each battalion under his commander and then started to march. The army left and I watched them go as the daylight faded.  

I remember what King Steve told me earlier, that I should wait here till I get the order to join the battle, Couple of days passed and no one came, It was either a sweet victory or it was a humilating defeat..