Chapter 11

His presence felt so strong that I was unable to move, with each step he took towards me, my heart beat increased. His eyes were exactly like mines, he was my very own brother. He then dropped his sword on the ground and said: "Let's talk".

I didn't know what to say nor had the courage to say anything. He was looking straight into my eyes. "Looks like you and I are the only people left here," He said. I realized that I have failed and the dragons succeeded in achieving their ultimate goal, however, erasing themselves in the process. I kept my mouth shut.

"So it's gonna be brother vs brother now, how amusing, I want it to be a bit special since you'll be the last person I'll kill." He stated with his eyes still fixated on me. He was just like others, inhumane, arrogant and dumbass. The feeling of hatred toward him grew inside me. 

"What are you going to do after killing me, look around you, there's no one, no one to feed on the resources you protected, Killing is never a solution and yes let's just forget that we are brothers. " I said. He smirked as if he didn't care about any of it, he scratched back of his head and then looked at me.

"Look, I don't give a damn about you, I just want to kill you but you see I also want to have fun, so yeah get ready for the battle," he said and then pointed to my father's sword "Take that one" he added. I grabbed that sword, even knowing I couldn't stand a chance against a monster like him, but I wanted revenge, what the dragons did to my mother, Emma, Luke, and those countless innocent humans was outrageous. "Your name?" I asked.

"Arima" he replied, "I'll only use my two fingers to make it even" he added, with that, he gripped his falchion between his first 2 fingers. Sunlight was rushing in from the broken ceiling as dozens of dead bodies laid across the room. 

 Arima charged towards me, I charged too and as our swords met so did our eyes, we crossed each other, the impact was so huge that I was about to drop my sword, thankfully I held on to it, I turned quickly and he was already near me he attacked but I managed to dodge it by going sideways. His attack was slower and predictable since he was using a couple of fingers. He was vulnerable now, I drew my sword from the back right and aimed for the left side of his chest, it was a vital spot but Arima managed to protect it by sacrificing his left hand, his hand was cut clean and it fell on the ground. Blood came rushing out of his arm. Despite losing his hand he continued to attack, his foot movement was quick as usual which gave me no choice but to dodge. 

He then stopped and then gripped the sword firmly, it wasn't between 2 fingers anymore, he was using his hand now. As our swords met I could feel the difference now, his attack was much more powerful now, it was so strong that it knocked out my sword out of my hand and I could only watch it go flying miles away from me. It was all over for me, I saw him holding the sword inside right and charging towards me, at that moment I closed my eyes, knowing that I had failed in everything, knowing I was weak, knowing my life would be over in a split second. 

I could hear someone groaning, I opened my eyes and I saw Luke, his back towards me and the falchion through it not only that, but he had also grabbed Arima's hand who was trying hard to get his hand free. "Hurry up and finish him off," said Luke looking over his shoulder.

I picked up a spear lying beside a dead soldier and made my way towards Arima, my brother. "Don't do this, Alex, please, I won't kill anyone from now on, I promise" Arima begged. I stopped for a moment, I could see my mother's image flashing in my mind, her screams, how brutally she was murdered and the picture of Emma's lifeless body and Luke's tears, I simply could not let their sacrifices go in vain. I shoved it straight into his heart and left the spear hanging. 

"I know you won't kill anyone anymore, because you have already killed everyone" I replied. It was only a matter of time until he dies. Luke loosened his grip and let go of his hand and fell down on the ground and so did Arima. I rushed towards Luke and applied pressure on his wound. "I guess it's all over for me now" Luke uttered. "No, stop talking, you are going to make it" I stated, my eyes were filled with tears. Water should be around somewhere, I had to find the storage, for Luke. I started to look for it, the mansion was huge filled with dead bodies of soldiers, crossing the deads I came across a huge door marked as 'storage' and this was it, I pulled with all my might and was stunned to see what was in there.