Chapter 1

Just to be clear, I do not own D. Gray Man or any of the characters other than Hikari, Jasmine (Jazzy), and Hannah. All the credit of D. Gray Man goes to the original creators of the story line and characters.

***********************************************************************************************************

~~Hikari's POV~~

I rode in the stuffy airplane with my mom on my left side and my best friend on the right. My mom was listening to her music, without a care in the world. Her blonde hair swished as she slightly danced to the beat. I believe the song that she was listening to was a kind of pop song that I couldn't recongnize. She opened her huge blue eyes and looked at me and smiled. I didn't smile back as I looked the other way.

"Hikari, you're worrying too much! This might be fun!" My best friend Jasmine said. She had her pocket mirror out and she was making a small braid in her straight ginger hair. She looked at me with her almost silver eyes and winked at me.

"I'm not worrying about what the people there will think, because you know me, I don't take crap from anybody." I said staring into her mirror watching her make her braid.

"Well you shouldn't be anyways! Your mom is one of Komui's friends, he'll warm right up to us!" Jasmine cheered.

Jasmine has been my best friend since fifth grade when I spilled my juice box all over her shirt and I gave her my sweater to wear. She instantly became my best friend the next day. Now here we are, both sixteen years old and heading to the Black Order, the home for exorcists. The people who have been hand chosen by God himself, to defeat Akuma and keep the world balanced between good and evil.

I stared down at my glove on my right hand. I prayed that I passed the entry exam so that I don't have to live with mom anymore. My mother's name is Hannah, and I absouletly hate her. I know people say it's a bad thing to hate your parents but it's also a bad thing when you mom is scared of her sixteen year old daughter. She's afraid of the cross made of innocence embedded in my right hand that gives me my power to become an exorcist. She always walks around and says she loves me, it's all lies. I know when I activate my weapon, a scared and nervous look spread across her face and she runs away.

"Attention all passengers, we will be landing soon. Please buckle up for the landing! Thank you!" the announcement came on over head as I buckled myself in.

My mom took out her headphones and asked what was happening.

"If you were listening, you could know," I said sitting back in my seat as she saw I was buckled in and she did the same.

The plane landed and we grabbed our bags and I ran to the car with Jasmine. I tried to get away from Hannah but she caught up with us and we all got in the taxi together. The ride there was silent and we soon arrived to the elevator that carried us up to the front of the Black Order.

"Komui! It's Hannah! Be a good friend and let us in," My mom yelled.

I sat on the ground with Jasmine and drew things in the dirt. She drew an Akuma, and I drew myself killing it, then we made explosion noises and my mom turned to look at us.

"You guys, we're at the Black Order, be professional!" Hannah snapped at us.

Jasmine got right up and brushed the dirt off of her and held out a hand to help me up. I shrugged it off and told Hannah, "I don't have to ya know. I can sit here and draw all the Akuma I want to!"

The huge doors suddenly opened and a tall man who wore glasses and had lavender hair stood at the front.

"Komui!" Hannah shrieked and ran to hug him.

"Hannah, you're as lively as ever! It's nice to see you again!" Komui laughed and hugged my mom back.

"Oh brother. Jazzy help me up, please." I asked Jasmine. I called Jasmine Jazzy more than I actually did her real name.

She stuck her hand out and grabbed mine and yanked me up. I stood up fully and looked at the sight of my mom hugging Komui. It kind of made me sick, why can't she show me that much love and not be so scared?

"Come in girls! Our entrance exams are all set up for you!" Komui sang as he signaled us to come in.

Jazzy and I walked inside and I said, "so you're Komui? Nice to finally meet you," I stuck out my hand and he shook it, Jazzy did the same. We started walking to what I guessed was the training area.

"For your entrance exams, our most advanced exorcists will be watching you, so make us proud." Komui explained.

"So what are we going to do here? One fight for me and one for Hikari?" Jazzy asked.

"And also one as a team." Komui added.

"Sweet! We kick ass as a team! So who's going first?" I asked and cheered.

"We've arranged for Hikari to go first, then Jasmine, and then your team fight will be last," Komui answered as we stopped walking.

We entered a kind of lab where two boys, one girl, and two older looking men stood by the what I guessed were bullet proof windows over looking a kind of arena.

I looked at the boys, they were muscular and lean. They both looked like us but in guy form. One had white hair, and a cheerful looking face. He also had a red tattoo over his left eye with a star at the top on his forehead. His hand looked really cool. It had a cross in the center, lik mine. I instantly gawked at it and looked at him in the eye. He winked at me and I instantly blushed. I asked Komui who they all were.

"The young men are Allen and Lavi, the lady is my sister Lenalee, and the two men are Krory and General Cross. They will be evaluating your performance today."

"Can we go meet them?" I asked, egar to meet the one named Allen.

"Sure! What a splendid idea!" Komui sang and walked us over to them.

"Everybody! A brave young lady has asked to meet you all before the exams!" Komui sang more. I don't fully understand Komui yet. He can be totally serious sometimes and sing to the world the next.

"Oh yeah? And who are you three?" The taller man with red hair asked. He wore glasses and had a mask on the right side of his face, a cigarette hung from the lower lip of his mouth.

"I'm Jasmine, call me Jazzy. That is Hikari, and Hikari's mom," Jazzy said.

"Hey what's up?" I cooly said and stuck my hands in my jean pockets with my thumbs sticking out.

"Nice to meet you all, just call me Hannah!" My mom cheered loudly.

"I'm Lavi, nice to meet you all," the lean boy with the ginger hair said. He wore an eyepatch over his right eye and had a teal colored headband around his forehead that made his hair stick straight up.

"I'm Allen Walker, the pleasure is all mine," Allen said. I could tell I was going to like him.

"Lenalee Lee. Komui hasn't shut up about you!" The girl said. She had super short hair and it was the color of a forest at dusk, it was pretty unlike my snow white hair.

"I'm Krory, I know I must seem big and scary, but I'm actually quite nice!" The taller man said, he looked brave but also a bit timid. He had short black hair and a long black cloak on. Part of his hair in the front was longer than the others and it was white.

"I believe we've already met, so there's no need for introdouctions," the last one said. I knew he was General Cross, because he saved me one day. Then he told me to become an exorcist, and here I am. About to take my entry exam and become an exorcist.