Chapter 1

Emberly:

"I'm out!"
"I want you home by 9!" my mother's voice shouts.
"Kay mom, love you!" I reply before getting out.

I walk until I reach a somewhat modern house. I stand before the large wooden doors and check my appearance one last time. My brownish blonde shoulder-length hair is tied up in a messy ponytail. I'm not wearing any make up. I actually hate it, along with dresses and skirts. So, naturally, I'm wearing normal jeans with a yellow sweater that brings out my golden eyes. Yes, you heard me right. My eyes are golden. I look down at my feet, make sure my brown boots aren't dirty and then ring the doorbell.

Seconds later, the doors open up to reveal a beautiful woman with princess blonde curls and stormy grey eyes. Everything about her is perfect: perfect face, perfect body, perfect clothes. When she stares into my eyes, a look of horror crosses her face. She immediately shakes her head and plasters on a happy smile, though I can tell it's fake. Not to be impolite, I smile back.
"You must be Emberly, Bianca and Luke's friend! I'm Annabeth Chase-Jackson, the twins' mother." Says Mrs. Jackson while holding out a hand for me to shake.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jackson!" I happily reply.

Just then, Bianca, Luke and Dylan appear behind Mrs. Jackson.
"Emberly! Finally, you're here! Come in!" exclaims Bianca.
"Hey Bubbles."
"Hi everyone! And, Dylan, how many times have I told you NOT to call me bubbles?" I say laughing a little.
"How about Goldie?"
"Let me think...how about no?"

We then walk up the stairs to Luke's room. I am surprised to see that it's actually pretty organized, unlike mine. Everything is in its place and his bed is neatly made.
"Wow. Your room isn't so bad, but of course mine is way better." Dylan says playfully.
"I bet you can't even see the floor of the room cause it's probably super messy." replies Luke, laughing a bit.
"I agree" Bianca and I say in sync, and we all laugh.

A few minutes later, the twins' parents call on us from downstairs to eat. We get down the stairs talking and we burst into the dining room. I look up from Bianca's phone (on which I was watching the funniest video ever) and into mesmerizing sea green eyes. These eyes seem broken. And when they meet mine, they look terrified.

A/N: heyzz! I know this is short, I'm sorry. I know this isn't the best chapter, I'm sorry. But I'll try to make the other ones longer and better. In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy this one. Tank uzz and byyeeee😊