Chapter 3:

In the previous chapter:

Emberly:

Thousands of questions are swirling around in my head, but the one I end up returning to is: 'What the heck just happened?!'

Now:

Bianca:

No matter how hard I try, I'm unable to get the images of my dad and Emberly out of my head. I'm utterly and completely surprised by Emberly's capacity to counter-attack my dad's assault. Luke and I, who took what you could call "fighting lessons", can barely manage to make him loosen his grip on us. So watching Emberly do it, without any known experience, in less than 10 seconds, is just so...shocking and...suspicious. I won't lie, I'm kind of jealous of her quick reflexes and strong moves, but it's not that what makes me suspicious.

After Emberly and Dylan leave, I go straight to my bedroom. I sit on the bed, legs crossed, brows furrowed, and mind racing, trying to find an explanation to earlier's...umm... surprise. Many crazy ideas form in my head, all of them based on the possibility that Emberly is one of us. Some of them are positive ones, while others are negative. Very negative.

I can almost hear the gears in my head turning while I replay the events over and over again, without things clearing out for me. Fortunately, before I can get a serious headache from all this thinking, my brother knocks on the door.
"Come in!" I say. I don't bother to turn and look at him as he enters the room and sits next to me on the bed.
"So. You've been thinking too, huh?" he asks. I smile. He knows me too well.
"Yeah. I just don't understand..."
"How Emberly did what she did?" Luke completes for me. "Me neither. There's something in her. She definitely is not a mortal, and I'm sure you noticed."

I nod. He is right. I noticed her golden eyes the first time I saw her. I noticed how they looked exactly the same as dad tells us in his stories : how they seemed to "be made of pure gold and power". I noticed her god like beauty, her need to scan her surroundings at least twice, as well as the extreme case of ADHD and dyslexia she has. She is just like a demigod. She looks like one, acts like one. That's what makes me suspicious. I try to forget about this for the moment. I think of ths conclusions I came to one last timd and shiver a bit, as neither one of them is good. All I can do is pray that I am wrong. With this happy thought in mind, I get off my bed and into the shower.

Emberly:

Walking home leaves me time to think. Think about what you ask? Well, Mrs.Jackson's questions make me think. Where is my father? Why didn't my mom accept to tell me about him? Why aren't my eyes normal? Why golden? I know I got them from my father, because my mother has pale blue eyes. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really look like my mom. Sure, we have some resemblance, like our hair and our brows, but you can't notice these immediately. As I approach my house, I make a decision. I am going to find out as much as I can about my past. I start forming the questions I want to ask my mom, but they all fade away as soon as I set foot into my house. Or rather, what remains of it.

A/N: Heyzz! Here is the third chapter (lucagrangerchase4) as promised. Hope you like it♥️. Sorry of its somewhat bad, I wrote it right before I went to sleep. That's all I want to say, soo, tanko and byeeee😊♥️