Chapter 5

In the previous chapter:

He will get her to his side no matter what, and this time he will win.

Emberly:

I stand there, crying, holding the necklace close to my heart. I think of my mother. I ask myself: what would she do if she was here? What would she do if I went missing? She would search for me. All day, all night too. That's what I'm going to do. Even though it scares me to be alone searching for her, and it sure scares me that I don't have the slightest idea of where to start, but just thinking that my mom could be hurt gives me enough courage to go on. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and turn around, ready to face the world and search for my mom.

'Never mind. I'm not ready yet.' I think as I stare at these...these things. Right in front of me was a pack of monsters. And no, I do not mean heartless people I hate. I mean actual monsters. But, they weren't all the same. As I look at them, realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. These monsters, they're the same as the ones my mom would tell me stories about when I was a kid. She always told me that these stories would help me someday. Now I understand. My mom was hoping I would remember the way the monsters are killed. Unfortunately, I can barely remember the stories themselves.

As I look at the monsters, there is only one thought running through my mind: run! But I can't seem to move. The creatures are taking slow and small steps towards me, as if I won't notice them this way. The closest one is something between a teenager, a donkey and a robot. She has flaming hair, glowing red eyes and pointed, sharp fangs, on which I think I can spot some blood. She's wearing a ripped up cheerleader's outfit and is looking at me as if I'm the last slice of chocolate cake. Overall, she is your typical everyday vampire like teenage girl.

And that's what gets me moving. I quickly turn around and sprint into the ruins of my home, then out again from the other side. I continue running into some sort of woods close to what used to be my house. I run as fast as I can, but it still isn't enough, as I can hear the monsters growling a few feet behind me. A few more minutes of running and I'm too tired to continue. I'm dizzy and I feel nauseous, so I stop. I look around. I'm lost, alone, hungry, cold, tired. A horde of monsters is chasing me. My mom is gone. The perfect time for me to fall unconscious. So that's exactly what I do. My legs give out and I collapse to the floor. My head hits a rock. My vision gets blurry. The monsters arrive. They're on top of me. I close my eyes, ready to accept my fate. ...

A/N: Heyzz! Chapter 5...check!! Sorry for this reealllyyy bad chapter, I just didn't have enough energy to make it as exciting as I may have promised. We had exams. Sooo....yeah. But, still, hope you liked it. And please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this story better. Tank uzz and byeee😊💙