Chapter 15

I'm sorry for the long wait, I hope it was worth it though. I don't want this story to end quickly so I'll have a few twists in the next chapters. Hope you like it! Don't forget to comment and vote I really appreciate your feedbacks. And thank you for the nice messages you sent me!

Love you guys! Enjoy reading J

Chapter 15

Thalia tore the piece of paper in shreds and threw it in the bin. She took a long and hot shower trying to relax her body from all the stress she's been feeling. The hot shower didn't help her though, if anything she still felt irritated and toyed with. Walking out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around her nakedness, Thalia willed herself to forget about everything tonight and just be grateful to be alive, or partly alive.

Once at her bedroom door she could feel she wasn't alone, the smell of alcohol came from behind her door and for sure it wasn't her mother. She took a deep breath and walked in not knowing what to expect. On her bed was a drunk Nathaniel fast asleep, a bottle of scotch in his hand, messed up hair and blood stains on his shirt.

Seeing him would have helped her relaxed if it wasn't for the blood on his shirt and the scotch in his hand. She sighed and put on her clothes before making her way slowly to her bed. Looking at him sent a ping to her heart, it ached her to see him lying like that so vulnerable and lost; he looked like an innocent child.  Thalia sat next to him thinking for a moment what to do with him and fighting the urge to just kiss him. She made up her mind, and was about to take him back to his mansion when he woke up rubbing his eyes slowly and stretching his body. When he realized who was in front of him Nathaniel frowned and sat up quickly, staring at her accusingly.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her with dread.

"You've got to be kidding me" she sighed and took a few steps away from him "look around, you're in my room so I should be the one asking that question"

He looked around and realized he wasn't home, he looked down at his clothes and pursed his lips putting down the bottle. He run a hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh.

He looked at her holding her eyes and got closer until he was toe to toe with her. Cupping her chin he shrugged before speaking up "I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm doing here and I don't know why but..."he leaned in closing the distance between them, just as he was about to capture her lips with his, Thalia heard a voice in her head.

 'No dear, you shouldn't kiss him before the ritual, or you'll never have him back'

She pushed him away violently and snarled at him baring her fangs at him "Don't you dare come closer to me, go back to your slutty girlfriend and leave me alone"

Nathaniel felt like someone slapped him in the face and took a few steps back, he couldn't understand why he tried to kiss her, he didn't know her but he felt some kind of hatred towards her. Without saying a word he went to the window and jumped out of it landing gracefully on the grass.

Thalia watched him go as a single tear run down her cheek, she stayed at the window until the sun came up and it was time for school.

Walking through the halls, Thalia was looking for Hailey but couldn't find her anywhere, instead she bumped into James who was more than happy to see her. He engulfed her in a bear hug and whispered how much he missed her and wanted her to be back with him. When he finally let go of her, Thalia took his hand and lead him out to the school back yard so she was out of earshot.