Chapter 20: The truth

Reborn, chapter 20

The truth

Hailey came closer to Amy and gasped "Thalia, her neck. She's been bit".

At this point Thalia didn't know what to do or say, she didn't even know how she could control herself while the smell of human blood was hitting her nostrils so hard. Hailey frowned raising an eyebrow at her friend "Would you please help me? Do you want her to turn into a vampire?"

"No of course I don't but I don't know what to do!"

"Thalia, you're a healer did you forget that? Just come over her and heal her already for fuck's sake!"

Thalia stood in front of Amy taking a deep breath in before sitting on one knee and looking at her wound. She wasn't really sure what she was doing, it's not like she had a 'how to use manual' but she had to tried. She rested her hand on her friend's neck focusing on healing the wound instead of the blood that was already making her salivating. It only took her seconds to see the wound disappear, she sighed in relief and went quickly to wash her hands while Hailey cleaned Amy's neck. She was now passed out on the couch.

Both girls have been staring at Amy for a couple hours now "Do you think it worked?" Thalia was restless, Amy didn't deserve this.

"It worked with Nate, you are a healer so I think it worked"

"Who did this to her? You think Liam is back to town? Karly was still held by the council and James... no he wouldn't."

"Should we call Mason and Nathaniel?"

"No, let them rest. We'll figure this out on our own. We'll have to wait until she wakes up."

"Were you able to learn more things about you know... who sent out your pictures?"

"No I haven't thought about that at all lately to be honest. Everything that happened with Nathaniel I just put it in the back on my mind. But now we can start working on that again" she said looking at Amy thoughtfully.

"What are you thinking?"

"I think she's the key to everything, she could help me. But maybe she needs to know the truth first."

"You're not thinking straight. Know the truth after a vampire did this to her? She'll never help you she'll be scared"

Amy stirred and sat up looking at them both "My neck" her hand went to her neck but there was nothing there "What... how?"

Thalia smiled at her and sat next to her taking Amy's hand in hers "What happened to you Amy?"

"I thought... but no it really happened I came here as fast as I could because I was coming to see you anyway, I just can't remember why I was coming to see you. It's like I remember but I can't talk about it"

Hailey and Thalia exchanged a knowing look and Thalia knew what she had to do. "I'll help you remember but first tell me what happened? Who attacked you?"

"Karly, she attacked me, but it wasn't really her. Her eyes were different, she was completely different and she was a vampire. Oh I know I sound silly but she's the one that bit me. If it wasn't for James" her eyes grew wide "James is vampire too! He fended her off me and they were fighting when I ran as fast as I could and came here. I knew I should come here but I don't remember why" she started crying "Did I just have a bad dream and none of that really happened?"