Tony (iron dad) part 3

Once they got to back to the tower the first thing Peter did was run up to his room to put away his suit backpack and put on a more comfortable jumper. It was one that May had made for him before she passed. It was made of pure cotton and had the spider man symbol embroidered on the front of it, the stitches fraying slightly. He replaced his shoes with slippers and kept his jeans, ripped unintentionally at the knees, on as they were comfy enough to spend the day in. He headed down to the 'avengers lounge' as they liked to call it, ready to sit down and play video games all day, maybe ring Ned and MJ, it was his birthday after all. That plan went out the window as soon as he got down there.

There, in the lounge, in the avengers tower, on his birthday, was almost everyone he's ever known. All his 'uncles' Bruce, Thor, Sam, Steve, Bucky, Vision(who was more like a big brother), Rhodey, and Clint, aunt Tasha, Wanda- who he knew as большая сестра (big sister, I don't speak Russian tho sorry), even Mr. Strange and Mr. Loki were there. Ned and MJ were stood to the side, as well as Mu-Pepper and Tony, all with big grins on their faces, except MJ, who just wore a slightly more sincere smirk.

His eyes felt as if they were about to pop out of his head, his jaw hung open and the tips of his ears and cheeks went flushed as everyone (except Loki and MJ, they're too badass) yelled out "Surprise!!"
A blinding smile graced his face that could have lit up the entire room and he ran straight towards Ned and MJ who he hadn't seen since he moved into the tower 5 months ago, sure he'd called but it wasn't the same. He grabbed them both and pulled them into a warm bear hug, picking them up and spinning them using his strength, Ned squeaking, MJ cursing in a very unladylike manner and Peter laughing in joy at seeing his best friends.
"W-what are you guys doing here?"
Peter asked them, MJ gave him an evil smirk and punched his shoulder non-too kindly making Peter grunt and rub his arm in mock pain.
"Like we'd let you get away without seeing us on your birthday, squirt."
Ned smiled and nodded along.
"Yeah as if. What kind of friends do you take us for? We're not just going to abandon you on your birthday dude. That's not cool."
Peter smiled and hugged them again, softer this time.
"Thank you guys."
He said, voice full of emotion. He pulled away and gave them a toothy grin before moving towards Tony and Pepper. He found himself being taken into two pairs of warm arms, like the night he was late, except this time he wasn't late and there were other people in the room, mostly chatting but some looking towards them from time to time. Peter let himself relax into the hug and felt a kiss being pressed to his temple by the woman he'd come to think of as his mother. He leaned into the kiss and felt his chest get all warm and fuzzy when his mentor turned father figure ruffled his hair, making it messier then it already was.
"Thank you. For everything"
He blushed slightly as his voice cracked and Tony laughed and ruffled his hair again before moving away. Pepper kept him there for a little while longer before saying something about 'making sure that damn asgardians  don't drink them out of house and home' or something along those lines making Peter chuckle.

As the night went on and people came and went, Peter found himself talking to a lot more people then he was used to, he even talked to Mr. Loki, or just Loki as he'd been told to call him, and it turns out that he's actually a really cool guy. At least, Peter thought so. Tony and the others all seemed to be on edge around the guy, all except for Uncle Thor of course, that guy liked everyone. Ned and MJ has to leave by 10.30 but made him promise to come out and see them soon, which of course he couldn't say no to.

After midnight, everyone who didn't live in the tower began to leave and the other residents of the tower went to their own floors, leaving Peter with his mass of presents (which he'd tried to give back saying he couldn't take them!) and his guardians. A bitter taste dug itself inside his chest. Guardians. That's all they'd ever be to him, and that's if they wanted to keep him. God what if they didn't? What if he does something bad, something really really bad like he did with the ferry. Where would he go? How would he survive? Wh-his thoughts got shaken away by Tony chuckling and knocking on his skull.
"Hey? Anybody home?"
Peter rolled his eyes and smiled, taking Tony's hand away from his head. Tony smirked and picked Peter up, and sling him over his shoulder like a doll. Peter laughed and hit the back of his shoulders, not too hard of course, yelling to put him down. He didn't. Instead he simply kept walking until they got to the elevator and took a ride up to the trios shared floor, leaving the pile of science books, Lego, new tech and other gadgets in the lounge, ready to take upstairs the next morning.

Once they were on their floor, Peter was dropped unceremoniously onto the couch, where Pepper and Tony sat either side of him, bustling with nervous excitement. Tony had an envelope in his hands.