t w e n t y - s e v e n

REAL LIFE, JUNE 21ST 2018 12:05AM

MAEVE WAITED PATENTLY, at her campsite, on the porch, she was sharing with Ashley and Kayla for the summer.

she sighed as she waited for a text from jake, to let her know he was there, even though she thought he was stupid doing it.

as the cold maine air brushed against her skin, she shook her head to keep herself from shivering, and having to go inside to get a sweatshirt.

after a few more minutes of waiting, maeve's phone buzzed, to find a text from jake, letting her know that he was there.

maeve slipped on her bruins flip flops, before walking down to the gates, finding jakes doge ram waiting off to the side, with the window down.

"hey jake."maeve kept her voice down, but a smile graced her lips as jake hopped out of the truck, tackling the girl into a hug, "hey.."

the two hugged for what seemed like hours, and to maeve, it felt so right..

so, so, so right..

and she had missed this.

the two released, with both bright smiles on they're faces, and maeve looked down, before she started shivering.

"you cold?"Jake asked, and the girl nodded, before jake took off his jacket, wrapping it around her arms.

"t-thank you.."maeve shivered, and jake nodded, before walking her over to the passenger seat, and opening the door for her, before he got in on his side.

"Just go down there on the right and keep straight." Maeve yawned, and jake smiled, nodding.

he followed Maeve's instruction's, and when he pulled into the rocky driveway, he found Maeve passed out cold, snuggled in his sweatshirt, and Ashley on the front pourch, with a wide grin spread across her face

"thought you might need this."She handed Jake a bruins duffle bag, and he laughed, shaking his head.

"thanks ash."Ashley nodded, with a foolish grin on her face, "Anytime."