Chapter Eighteen

Thea

I woke up on Samira's couch with Philipo yowling in my ear.

"It's okay boy." I coo scratching his ears.

I don't remember going to sleep or how I ended up on the couch, just the fight and the heart. My stomach lurches at the memory but the raised voices in the kitchen pull me away.

"He was attacking her while she was half naked! Of course I ripped his heart out I don't give a fuck who he is or was."

"HE IS A CROWNED PRINCE WHOSE MUTILATED BODY IS IN MY HOME."

"The King knows his brother is gone something was controlling that thing. It was chanting shit and totally focused on her even though I was trying to rip it's head off."

"What was it chanting?"

"De something I don't know, I was in wolf form for most of it. Things aren't the same when he's in control"

Pushing open the kitchen door all three heads turn to look at me. Zev is the first one to move, scooping me up and pushing my face into his neck as my legs wrap around his waist. I turn to Samira remembering the mans words.

"He said, 'de vasil' and he kept repeating it."

Ardal leans into Samira's ear whispering something only she and Zev are able to hear if the tensing of his body means anything.

Touching his face I draw his attention back to me.

"Zev I think you should tell me what's going on, why we were attacked, what that thing was."

"No, not yet."

I deflate instantly, "B-But I want to know..." 

He stares into my wide eyes as I try to look my cutest, begging him to give.

"Shit! Fine we'll talk but you know the rules no running away from me."

I nod smiling, "I-I didn't last time right!"

He smiles a little and kisses my forehead,  "That's true my brave little wolf."

He turns  to Ardal and Samira, "We're going to the flats we'll be back tonight."

"Of course Alpha."

~~~~~

The falls of Nor are the highest part of the Naiads land. They sit on top of a steep cliff with rough terrain. Zev wants me to ride his wolf there.

"Thea it'll be bumpy so you have to hold on to me tightly okay? If you fall off and hurt yourself I'm going to be extremely pissed." 

I jump around him, "Don't worry, me and Paws are so so good together!"

His head jerks back, "Who the hell is Paws."

"That's what I named your wolf." I mumble softly.

"I'm not a kitten I'm a wolf and an Alpha wolf at that."

"Oh I'm sorry Zev but I think he likes it! And it really is his choice when you think about it."

He narrows his eyes at me, "Very well but you two better stop all this bonding it makes me jealous."

I laugh at his joke, "You're silly besides, you're my favorite."

He leans down and kisses my lips,

"That's more like it."

~~~~~

"Slow down!"