Nashville

Their friendship was a huge mess, at least according to so-called news outlets and the gossip on the internet. After Karlie's name wasn't on the infamous new Junior Jewels t-shirt and the girls weren't spotted together for a long time most people came to the conclusion that the two former BBFs -who even got their own Vogue cover- weren't friend anymore. Some went as far as saying that they were feuding. They used a post in which Karlie apparently shaded Taylor Swift as proof for their story. Only few people believed the blonde model when she told reporters over and over again that they were indeed fine.

The ship completely sunk after Karlie Kloss announced her engagement to Joshua Kushner on social media. No one failed to notice a certain blonde singer's silence on the matter.

That was the official story. That was the story Tree Paine made sure the world knew. That was the story which protected Taylor. But always keep in mind just because everyone believes a story doesn't mean it's true...

————————————————————

"I have to go," Taylor whined but made no movement to actually leave the warm bed.

"Stay here honey I don't wanna share," Karlie sang, making the blue-eyed girl both blush and laugh.

"Are you really using my own lyrics against me?" she laughed, cuddling closer to the other girl.

"Of course I am," Karlie giggled in response. The two girls were lying in bed, wrapped up in each other. Taylor's head was resting on Karlie's chest; the latter's arms wrapped around Taylor's waist holding the girl as close as possible. Their legs were tangled. The singer took a deep breath, getting lost in her girlfriend's scent.

"I really have to leave for the airport," she declared but still wouldn't move.

"Do you really have to go? You could just stay here and spend some quality time with me right here," Karlie said suggestively.

"No matter how tempting that sounds, I gotta go. I'm doing this for us after all."

"I know. I just hate it when you have to leave on days when I'm not busy. I probably got too used to being with you almost all the time during your break," the model admitted, playing with Taylor's hair. She'd always loved Taylor's bed hair. She loved the natural curls the singer hated.

"But you know your private plane won't leave without you, right? You can stay a little while longer."

"Baby, I wish I could stay right here with you and never leave, you know that. But I have a dinner scheduled in London. Tree would kill me if I was late for that. She was already so mad when I told her I wouldn't come over sooner since I wanted to spend time with you," Taylor reasoned.

"I know you have to go and see that boyfriend of yours tonight. Make sure he holds your hand right this time and maybe tell him to smile a little more," the taller girl joked.

"I might do that," the singer laughed, "You'll come to the Nashville show on Saturday though and then we've got the entire Sunday together, okay?"

"I can't wait to finally see the show in person," Karlie exclaimed. She'd been looking forward to this day ever since Tree said it was okay for her to come. "It's gonna be incredible!"

"I can't believe that I fell in love with a fan girl," Taylor smiled.

"What?! Am I not allowed to be insanely proud of my girlfriend?" the model said pretending to be shocked.

"I love you so much Kar, you know. I promise you that soon it's you and me who are spotted having a dinner date."

"I'd love that and I love you too." Taylor moved completely on top of Karlie and pressed a short kiss to her lips. She couldn't afford to get carried away right now.