(2)

02|The offer

To say that April was surprised would be an understatement

To say that April was surprised would be an understatement. The blonde  never thought there were come a time where the couple would break up . They always seemed so happy. Or at least Peter seemed to be .

But the blonde gotta to admit that She did feel a little bad for the Kavinsky boy . But only a little bit .

After the cheerleading tryouts , April started to walk home . Of course Lara Jean offered her a ride but the blonde declined almost instantly. It wasn't that the girl didn't trust her best friend; she did but if Lara jean was scared . April was terrified.

Before the Evans girl could head home , she decided to make a quick stop at the corner cafe ; her favorite place . They had some killer milkshake and April was addicted. The blonde discovered the cafe years ago , right before her parents even got divorced.

The Evans girl would always come here when she was feeling down or angry . But mostly when her parents would fight . The old couple would fight non stop . They would fight for hours . Day and night . Not aware of their daughters suffering.

Amara would just go straight to her boyfriends house not wanting to hear of their bickering any longer . But April , the girl was barely five years old. She had no place to go , the blonde would usually hang out in Lara Jean's house till the her parents would cool off but when they didn't the Eva s girl would just stay over .

The covey family were well aware of the problems April was having at home . And they were nothing but supportive to the blonde . Which April was grateful for . But then , the Evans girl found the cafe and stop going to covey house for refuge .

After April made it to the corner cafe ,she's immediately order her favorite ; a strawberry milkshake. And sat in one of the chairs at front as she waited for her drink . Which in a few minutes came .

After the waitress that was attending blonde gave her milkshake. April dive in almost immediately. She took a sip and let out a sigh of satisfaction.

"A need your help "

A new voice greeted snapping the blonde from her thoughts. She turned a came face to face with the one and only . Peter Kavinsky.

"Ugh , it's you . What do you want Kavinsky ?" April said in annoyance as she took another sip from her strawberry milkshake.

"Whoa, whoa , whoa . I come in peace " The brunette said as he made strange movements with his hands making the blonde let out a laugh.

"Whatever. What's up?" The Evans girl asked paying her undivided attention to the boy .

" I need a favor "

"What kind of favor?" The blonde raised an eyebrow before the boy . April didn't trust Peter , that was evident. The pair barely talked and when they did they would always bicker. And all of a sudden he's asking for favors. April didn't like this one bit but she didn't say anything and let him speak .

"I need you to be my fake girlfriend." Peter explained making April almost spill her milkshake. The girl just looked at the boy before her in disbelief. Did she hear him right? Fake girlfriend?

"Ok, so before you say no .." The Kavinsky boy started to explain but the blonde just shook her head in response.

"No ! , Absolutely not . I'm not doing it" The Evans girl immediately declined making Peter let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Come on !"

"No!"

"Why!?"

"Why do you even need a fake girlfriend in the first place?" April asked with an annoyed expression as she stared at the boy .

"Gen broke up with me for a college dude and I want to get her back." The brunette explained making the blonde laugh. To which Peter rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, yo got replaced by a college dude , that's low ." April teased

"Look, are you going to help me or not ?" Peter said irritated. The boy was sick at the blondes attitude. Here he is trying to be nice and ask her for a simple favor and she can't even do that .

"Why me ?" The blonde asked in all seriousness. She was curious, he could have ask anyone to be his fake girlfriend but he choose her . Why ?

"Because you and Gen used to be best friends. Besides don't you want to tuve it in her face ." The Kavinsky boy said . He did have a point ,April wanted revenge. She wanted to rub it in her face so bad. But in the over hand , she was debating if she should do it . April look at the boy , who desperately waited for her answer.

"I'll think about it "