(10)

10|the reason

As morning came , April quickly got up quietly trying not to wake the Kavinsky boy

As morning came , April quickly got up quietly trying not to wake the Kavinsky boy . She grabbed all her things and headed out of The Kavinsky household.

Being with Peter was amazing . Even though they didn't even do anything. Just being beside him was enough. He made her feel safe . When she's with him , she doesn't have to pretend anymore.

And that's when she realized. She was in love with him . April Evans is in love with Peter Kavinsky. Who would have thought. The blondes eyes widen in realization. But quickly shook it off .

She did not need this right now . Even if she didn't want to , She needed to talk with her mother .

Once she finally made it to her house; she was greeted with her parents how were waiting for her .

"Oh my God, April !"

"Where gave you been ?"

"I really am not in the mood for your guys questioning." She rolled her eyes before looking at her mother ." You wanted to talk to me ?"

"Y-Yes! I mean , you want ." Evelyn said to the youngest Evans girl making her roll her eyes .

Honestly, she's glad April is at least talking to her . I mean , it's a start , right ?

"Fine , let's talk ."

**
"Nothing i say  will justify what I did ." Evelyn was cut off when April let out a scoff making her look at her daughter.

After the blonde finally agreed to talk with her mother . Both let yo go for a walk . Honestly, April was really trying to give her mother a chance . But what kind of mother leaves their child without saying goodbye.

"You're right , I should be mad . I should be furious but I'm not . I'm disappointed. " the blonde answered " Did you even know how many times I went to bed crying because I needed my mom !?." April questioned, her voice cracking for a split second.

Evelyn was about to say something but April shook her head . There were still so many things she wanted to say to her . So many things she needed to know .

"I only had one question; what was so wrong with me that you would leave ?" April whispered looking at her as she could feeling her eyes water .

"Nothing ! I-I needed a fresh start , okay ? I needed to get away from everything. From your this town , from your father , from-"

"From me ?" April questioned bitterly making the elders eyes widen before shaking her head violently .

"No! , T-That's not what I meant -"

"No, I know what you meant . You wanted to start over . You had a plan and clearly I wasn't in it . "April said as she stared down at her mother . Who was trying not to cry but was failing .

"April ..."

"You know what , no . I'm done talking to you . I don't why I even agreed to this . Now if you Excuse me , I'm late for school ." With that the blonde walked away not giving Evelyn a chance to answer .

April could hear how her mother began to sob but she keeper on walking . As much as the Evans girl wanted to turn around and forgive her mother for what she did , she couldn't. Maybe in the future but not today .

April let a sigh before continuing her way to school .
**
" so , you spend last night with Peter? In his house? Alone ?" Cris questioned as April , Lara Jean and herself entered the girls bathroom.

"It's not what you guys think ?" April started as she turned to her friends. Who were indeed giving her amused looks making her roll her eyes .

"Hey , Whatever you do with Peter is non of our business." Lara Jean shared a look with Cris" besides , you guys are dating , you must been in his house plenty of times ."

It's been about five months since started fake dating . And it was almost the sky lodge thing and April was not looking forward to it at all .

"Right ! Of course I've been there hundreds of times! I mean, I am his girlfriend after all !" April said awkwardly making Lara Jean and Cris look her confused.

If there was one thing April hated was lying to her friends but she didn't have a choice plus she believe she's keep this secret for so long . Considering the blonde was such a bad liar .

"Anyway, how it go with your mom ?" Cris questioned as her and Lara Jean stared at the blonde .

"Horrible. Absolutely horrible." April answered with a frown .

"What happened?" Lara Jean asked concerned as she stared down at her best friend.

"She basically wants to start over , I guess . She just wants to be back in my life like nothing happened."

"She said that ?" Cris asked making April shake her head .

"She didn't have to , it was obvious." April stated as she rolled her eyes .

"What are you gonna do ?" Cris asked

"Nothing. For what I care she could leave again . I didn't need her when she left I don't need her know ." April said making her friends give her a sympathy smiles .

Both girls knew how much the Evans girl missed her mom . Hell ,April come crying to them because she missed her mom . Even though she would never admit it.  She was just hurt .

"Come there ." Lara Jean said as she and Cris pulled the blonde into a group hug making her close her eyes at the sensation.

"It's gonna be alright

"It's gonna be alright. You'll be alright."