(7)

07|hurt

Right after those words left the blondes mouth, Peter face dropped

Right after those words left the blondes mouth, Peter face dropped. He didn't know why but those words hurt coming from her . Of course he knew that they were pretending, that none of this was real .

But they're was something in the way she said it . So carefree , it hurt him a lot more than expected. April quickly noticed change of mood.

"Hey , what's wrong ?" April asked confused at the change of humor of the Kavinsky boy .

"Oh-Oh no , it's nothing.." The Kavinsky boy shrugged not wanting to admit that what the blonde had said hurt his feelings.

At this point , he hates himself. He was mad at himself for being upset over something so stupid. I mean ; it wasn't like she did it on purpose. She was just speaking her mind .

"Are you sure ?" The Evans girl asked concerned not believing Peter one bit .

"Of course; and hey try not to get to attached . Who knows if you might get hurt ." Peter said taking April off guard . as he grabbed his jacket wanting to get away from the blonde as fast as possible.

"W-Wait ...are you mad at me ?"

"Me? Mad? Of course not . Why would I need to be mad . Besides like you said; we're just pretending." With Peter walked out of the diner leaving April there stunned over the harsh words of the boy .

**
As soon as Peter left , April knew she'd screwed up. April didn't even sleep that night . She keep thinking about what happened with the Kavinsky boy, all she wanted to do was talk to him but she didn't know how .

April wanted to call Lara Jean as soon as possible. But then the blonde remembered that the black haired girl would probably have no idea what she was talking about.

As morning came around, April quickly went and got dressed. She wanted to get to school as soon as possible .

The blonde felt extremely guilty about what she did. Even though she didn't exactly do anything. She quickly grabbed her backpack and with that she was out of the Evans household.

Before the Evans girl could even made her way to school she quickly  made a quick stop to the cafe and got Peters favorite donuts as an apology gift .

Once April made it to school, she quickly started looking for the Kavinsky boy . After about five or seven minutes. She found him . Getting some books for his first class.

"Peter !" She called as she stared to make her way towards the boy .

The brunette turned and instantly smiled at the sight of the blonde.

"Hey ." He smiled but soon was confused when the Evans girl launched herself to him and hugged him tight . Peter was still very confused but hugged her back nonetheless.

"I'm so sorry ." April said as soon as she pulled away from the Kavinsky boy . Making Peter more confused more than he already was .

"For what?" He asked as he stared down at the blonde.

"For yesterday, I didn't mean it and I'm soo sorry for hurting your feelings." She apologized as she let a sigh of defeat and looked down at her shoes .

Peter was beyond happy. The fact that April felt like she needed to apologize made Peters heart melt . It meant that she cared . That she cared about him .

"Look, April it's all good."

"Really?" The blonde asked in disbelief. Peter nodded as he put his hands in his pockets .

"Yeah , although I do have a question." He said with a smirk.

"What ?" April asked confused as she looked at the Kavinsky boy.

"Are those for me ?" Peter asked with a smile as he looked down at the  bag of donuts April had in her right hand .

April looked down at the bag of donuts and let out a laugh before looking back at the Kavinsky boy.

"As a matter of fact , they are ." She smiled before handing them to him .

"Aren't you the sweetest?" Peter teased making the blonde blush .

By now everyone was starting at the couple . In they're eyes , April and Peter were the cutest couple alive. Even more than Gen and Peter when they were dating. And that made Gen's blood boil .

April was about to say something when she noticed Gen making her way over to the pair .

"Hello Peter ." Gen greeted in a seductive tone. Making april roll her eyes . Gen quickly looked away from the boy to at the blonde . Her expression quickly changing and a look of disgust.

"April ." Gen glared at the blonde as she did the same . Peter quickly noticed this and cleared his throat making the girls quickly stop looking at each other and turned their attention to the boy in front them .

"Umm. Did you need something,Gen ?" Peter asked awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck .

"Actually yes "Gen smirked as she sent a arrogant look at April's direction making the blonde roll her eyes .

"Is it true that you guys are dating ?"

It was now , April's turn to smirk . Without even thinking , April subconsciously grabbed Peter's hand and intertwined their fingers making the Kavinsky boy let out a smile almost forgetting that Gen was there .

"How about I show you ." Peter smirked and with that . Peter grabbed April face but not before giving her a smile and with that they connected their lips to a sweet kiss .

Gen was beyond angry , could not believe what she was  looking at . And she got even more pissed when the pair pulled away and April sent a devilish smile at her way .

"Does that answer your question?"