Introduction

I saw my death. In the future. It was quick, just a glimpse, but I know what I saw. I felt the pain of it, and knew that I was afraid... Understandably, for it was something I had never prepared myself for. I never thought I needed to.

The vision came to me in a dream, as they often did. It resembled that night those years ago when Jean and I had had simultaneous yet different visions when Apocalypse had awoken again for the first time in centuries. The whole mansion shook; lights flickered, and their fixtures trembled from where they hung from the ceiling; pictures fell from the walls, small glass pieces were smashed. And everyone woke up, startled and confused.

The older students tried to urge the newer and younger students to go back to bed, saying everything was alright. But was it? Yes, it was. All except for in my head.

I awoke with a start, snapped awake from my disturbing dream, sweaty and heaving heavy breaths, shaking violently. It took me a moment to realize where I was, in the darkness of my bedroom at the mansion, in the middle of the night. An occurrence such as this hadn't happened in a long time. And unlike with Apocalypse, this time I didn't know what it meant.

Mostly didn't know. I didn't know what it meant now, why the vision happened when it did. But I knew what it meant in the long run.

I had seen my death, me, the un-aging, undying one. I would face death in the future, and when it did happen, I would be afraid, a fear unlike any I had known before.

(Just a little something to hopefully get you readers excited! (I sure am excited!) :) Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed - more to come soon!)