2 - engagment parties

Seeing Luke did throw me off a lot. When I left Tempe, Arizona he was one of those people that I expected to leave behind. I didn't think I'd be seeing him ever again. I just assumed he and his band were going to be a distant part of my past.

It's not that I hated Luke. We ended on good terms. We mutually agreed to break up. Because I was moving far away from school, and Luke was moving far away well not really moving far away. To say Luke had even thought about going to college would be a lie.

Luke wanted to dedicate all his time to his band Summer Fling (I came up with the name I didn't want it to be 5sos lol) Summer Fling was a good band on the local scene. They had lots of fans. Most of them were teenage girls, but they were teenage boys so they were loving that. Luke wasn't one to hook up however. He didn't believe in it. He thought it was shallow.

They had a few good songs, but the most popular one was Tallulah. It was about Luke's girlfriend before me. She was a bitch... and that's exactly what the lyrics of the song talked about.

-

I had to do some running around in the morning for the engagement party. This whole thing was rushed if you asked me. They were literally dating for not even a month and engaged for not even two hours. The whole thing was completely unconventional and totally Ashlee.

That was just the way she was. Even when we were little. She always liked doing things opposite of traditional. That was jus the way Ashlee was, so I couldn't argue.

I didn't look exactly my best because I just really didn't want to be recognized running around Tempe, Arizona. I didn't want to get asked questions.

Oh are you Carsyn Collins? Did you used to go to William McKinley? Why did you move to New York? Why Portland for college? You had everything going for you. These were all questions that I'd been messaged over facebook. So I could only imagine what the real life ambush would be like. 

It was eight in the morning and I felt the jolt of my phone as it was vibrating. I groaned, my head pounding as I rolled over. Blindly, I searched for my phone. I located it and as it turned on, I rubbed my eyes, hoping they weren't too red.

I had several texts including one from Ashlee.

From: Ash

Hey, don't forget; the engagement party starts at three. BE THERE!

Great. I still had loads of work to do before it was even ready. 

-

Miraculously I managed to make all the rounds at Walmart. Buying some food, and some nice things for both Luke and Ashlee. It still drove me insane how Luke was now getting married to Ashlee.

I was just wondering what changed their minds about each other. What made tehm think they were some perfect match that would last for a long time. It was just plain weird. I felt as if I might be actling a little immature about it but I didn't care.

I managed to pay for all of the things that I needed to get them. Bottles of champagne. And nice little cards. Though I wasn't all too sincere while filling out Luke's card because I was still bitter.

"Your total is going to be fifty two thirty six," the young blonde cashier said.

I nodded, grabbing the money out of my purse.

"Wait a second," she said.

Fuck. Great, just what I needed. Someone that knew me.

"Are you... Carsyn Collins?"

I let out a sigh, "Yep that's me."

The girl did not look familiar, she was blonde with green eyes. Her hair was cut short, about up to her shoulders but I had never seen her before.